MSPA Forums
Page 1 of 100 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: IDE/Theory Thread 24: The Pink Moon's moon is Io

Pronouns
    he/him/his

IDE/Theory Thread 24: The Pink Moon's moon is Io

This is thread twenty-four ladies and gents. I'm mostly reusing the OP, but getting rid of some points that are either no longer relevant (things Dave said to John in the beginning of Act 5) or no longer true (there are two Ophiuchus trolls).

For reference IDE is just a misspelling of idea that stuck.

Here are some things everyone should know, and some refutations:
    • Lord English/Skipper Plumbthroat comparisons have been pointed out a million times before.
    • The Hemospectrum is an arbitrary caste system, and the alien equivalent of racism. It is recognized only by Alternian culture, and only three of the twelve trolls. Sburb does not acknowledge its existence, that would be the same thing as separating human players based on their skin color. This is also why gray, not red, is Karkat's associated color.
    • Also, he's below the bottom of their caste system. His blood color does not "wrap around" to become the highest.
    • Terezi's dream self is blind because she wants to be blind, as she prefers her smellovision to normal sight. If staring into Skaia could blind you then half the characters would be blind.
    • Humans do not have Troll Relationships! Any sane person would see a relationship based on hatred as pretty bad (if you did not realize this, you are a shipper and should seek help immediately).
    • It is never said that First Guardians serve Lord English. More likely Doc Scratch is a special case.
    • Bro =/= Any anime characters
    • Jade's land doesn't reference anime either.
    • GCat's existence was not hinted at during the Jack: Ascend flash. GCat is named for the initials of the four nucleotides of DNA, and thus is just continuing the theme.
    • There are probably no special methods to reach God Tier besides the two we've seen so far. Also, the Quest Crypt works for either remaining life and thus Jake can still God Tier at this time.
    • Most importantly, the best advice we can give you is do not attempt to look for patterns where there are none.

Now, add your own theories.

But remember: CD is the new final boss. He's the Coronation Demolitionist. It's him.
    Last edited by Legendary; 05-13-2012 at 12:27 AM.
    WARNING: Contents of my posts may be more sardonic than they appear.

Skype Stuff:

Rogue of Mind mysteriousOutsider's Avatar

Re: IDE/Theory Thread 24: CD is the new Final Boss

So now that the Future Theory and the Duplication Theory are canon, what's the next big thing for the IDE thread?

Any ideas?

there is basically no way that WV isn't getting sent to earth to defeat the Condesce.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Repeating my last post in the old thread here so people can discuss it:

"I think we learned that meteor duplication is normal behavior for a scratch, therefore we are not seeing another occurrence of LE's calling card. That glitch must specifically be players originating from the postScratch session. Which in turn means no new form of Doc Scratch and LE, which means the one in Hussie's study is probably going to the new session also."

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by whitehelm View Post
    Repeating my last post in the old thread here so people can discuss it:

"I think we learned that meteor duplication is normal behavior for a scratch, therefore we are not seeing another occurrence of LE's calling card. That glitch must specifically be players originating from the postScratch session. Which in turn means no new form of Doc Scratch and LE, which means the one in Hussie's study is probably going to the new session also."
    Hussie stated that there's only one LE and that he always looks the same. Thus, either all Scratches have been co-opted by Lord English to be part of his calling card, or he has multiple calling cards, or LE is 100% a red herring.

Skype Stuff:

Man for all the theorizing I do, I barely post in this thread.

Okay here's one comment before I start. The title horrifies me.

And just something I quickly came up with "If the children from the universe of b1 are making their way through the scratch by use of the farthest ring, than it is logical to assume A1 has that possibility as well." Seems to be the pervading theory for the mysterious dead trolls being pre-scratch right? Is there any justification on the theory besides that, because it feels like something's missing in the reasoning.

The furthest ring seems to apply an immunity to the scratch. Dreambubbles are in the furthest ring.
    So the dead are apparently immune to the scratch.

What happens if a dreamer with a dead dreamself is dreaming when scratched.

Rogue of Mind mysteriousOutsider's Avatar

That gives me an idea.

Another, more drastic method of escaping a scratch is to die.

YES! Called the no reckoning thing!

Anyway, its interesting that we learn or get confirmed so many things.

The ectobiological parents/ancestors thing does not have to be reversable. This means that Roxy and Dirk created Rose and Dave, Jane and Jake created John and Jade. It leaves as viable nonicestious pairings any of the alpha kids with one another, though limits beta kids to only non-sibling and non-parent.

Second we get explicit confirmation about the redundancy of the reproductive process. That is, one universe might spawn multiple possibly fruitful Sburb sessions. We saw in the start that a lot of players joined the game but were usually killed by meteors before entering. Now it seems more likely that some of those earth sessions allowed successful entries and perhaps even wins. What this does to the reckoning I am not certain though, might explain the MASS of meteors that hit earth with the assumption that they came from a multitude of sessions. Kinda depressing tho that even if you play well enough to avoid or minimize the reckoning your world can and will still be destroyed by an unrelated session. Unless you did like the trolls and develop SGrub on their own without wide release, though they doomed the world more due to the psychic than meteors.

Also, this makes uu and UU being from alpha universe far less likely.

As for Jack, he's gonna face 4 god tier kids, 1 of which is green sun powered, and face another denizen with identical green sun powers as him. I'm gonna IDE that his crushing is gonna be anti-climatic, possibly with him escaping and making trouble non-direct. But also possible that he very satisfyingly gets killed.

IDE: Jack's Red Miles won't affect B2 universe. Its still too early to know, not sure what the date is of Red Miles happening in B1, but I assume its after 2400.
    IDE2: post-scratch universes do not have corresponding frogs. They are instead placed somewhere else. Like the A2 universe being placed in Snowman's heart. The process of selection and how it happens I have no idea though.

EDIT: As for ancestors escaped scratch through the furthest ring same as trolls, I'm not sure. Evidence seems to be that they are dead, not living but travelling, due to them being in bubbles I guess instead of a meteor that can actually... feed them. Doesn't make being alive but in bubbles impossible, but just... that means they are stuck without food and water, only what the dreamers might imagine, in random bubbles for what could be billions of years since they don't have Rose as a navigator. Or stuck for 2 minutes of their time I guess, time is weird. Either way I reject this simply because that would be a horrifying existance.
    Last edited by Antagonist; 03-16-2012 at 04:57 AM.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by cyberHeroine View Post
    More likely to be 2424, considering they arrived after the 2400 mark
    If Hussie was precise with the amount of pixels, they arrived around December 2407, meaning if it's still 11/11, the year is 2423.

Quote Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
    IDE: Jack's Red Miles won't affect B2 universe. Its still too early to know, not sure what the date is of Red Miles happening in B1, but I assume its after 2400.
    The Exiles lived on Earth was year 2422, which means if I'm correct, Roxy and Dirk live one year after that happened.
    Last edited by The Mather1; 03-16-2012 at 05:13 AM.
    http://www.anime-planet.com/images/u...TheMather1.jpg
    Image tags broken for now it seems...

Pronouns
    he/him/his

For the record, one of the WV panels shows that the exile story, and thus the end of the universe, takes place in 2422. So we are likely to find out quite shortly how B2 ends, assuming the two universes die "simultaneously".

Skype Stuff:

Let me hypnotise you into the 4th dimension!

I'm pretty sure the events surrounding the Wanderers in universe B1 happen 413 years after the kids enter the Medium. That would put it at 2422, if I can add correctly. It is quite plausible that the B2 kids in the future are in the year 2424 (2011 + 413). That is my theory: 2424 as the year the B2 Dirk and Roxy are from.

Egads, so many ninja.
    I have spoilers now?
    What's up with that?

Thief of Blood (ACSP) Paninis Cupcake's Avatar
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Awww, y'know? I really wanted to see the kings do something other than get killed. Like in the one Simpson's episode where the mafia is fighting the Yakuza at the end - the little guy hadn't done anything yet, and as soon as everybody turned around, he did something awesome. I was hoping one or both of the kings would come right the fuck outta nowhere and do something AWESOME. Particularly the Black King. He's had like...five seconds of screen time?

Moving on...CD being a final boss would be totally silly. I WANNA SEE THAT.
    I'd let you watch, I would invite you, but the queens we use would not excite you.

You're right on the times coming very close. I still hold though that the example of Snowman's heart shows that post-scratch universes don't have frogs, and is contained somehow else. How this can happen just by changing portal times and destinations I dunno, but if true then the frog that Jack kills only represents B1 and B2 is safe somewhere else.

RE: CD as final boss. Well, despite him being... CD. He has so far proven himself to be the best assassin yet, having killed both the prince and both kings now. I dunno about final boss, but I am sure that he will stick around yet and prove to be an even sharper thorn in the side than Agent Jack. Even if its completely by accident.
    Last edited by Antagonist; 03-16-2012 at 05:31 AM.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I'm loving how you people are totally running with my joke IDE. Makes me feel good.

Skype Stuff:

Sticky'd.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Given the most recent update there is one thing that bothers me...

See this page: http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006607

Look at the transitional timeline of the Scratched version of the meteor delivery.
    We see that John and Jade arrived at 1900
    Then Rose and Dave at possibly 1970
    Then Jane and Jake at 2000

However, the next thing in this guide appears to be a block of some sort... The time between 2000 and 2400 is Red signifying the Condescence, but it bifurcates for some reason. Why though?

Let me hypnotise you into the 4th dimension!

It's a break in the scale. If 1900 and 2000 are that far apart, 2000 and 2400 should not be that close unless the timeline was cut at those bifurcation points and glued together again. It's just a way of visually representing that the stuff in between doesn't have anything significant happening for the purposes of that graph.
    I have spoilers now?
    What's up with that?

incredible Username Unclever title's Avatar
    In one place per continually changing instant of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary View Post
    I'm loving how you people are totally running with my joke IDE. Makes me feel good.
    In the B1 session they had to deal with an Ace, higher than a King or Queen. But in B2 Dueces are wild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary View Post
    It's gonna kick ass though. Unless it's a crummy pacifism-type thing. Then it will calmly and diplomatically approach those offending rumps and deal with them in a civilized fashion.

I think this update confirmed the meteor bifurcation theory, though I'm not entirely sure.

Theory: the eight-tower Frog Temple meteor will be propelled through the portal to earth when the Troll ectobiology meteor knocks into it with enough force to send it there.
    Like pool balls clacking together.
    "Of course, its existence has so far proved to be completely without consequence, which is to say it will probably end up being the most important item in the game."

Okay, this is a small hiccup...

How do Dirk and Roxy know scratch!Strider and scratch!Lalonde? They were born over 400 years after them.

Okay, theory: their meteors dropped near exile confinement camps. The exiles, being dersites and prospitians, recognized them as humans (and possibly as players), and revered them. It's most likely that they were raised by dersites, since they're both Derse players. The dersites (or prospitians) had preserved Lalonde's compound and Strider's apartment because they recognized them as belonging to players/ancestors, and let Dirk and Roxy live there to fulfill their purpose as players. To take this a step further, it's possible that Lalonde and Strider (as the Seer of Light and the Knight of Time) may have retained pre-scratch memories, this would mean that they could have told the exiles to wait for Dirk and Roxy to arrive because they knew about the ramifications of the scratch.

Now, to poke holes in my own IDE, it seems that Dirk lives in the middle of nowhere, and Roxy lives in a town of exiles. Roxy obviously lives near dersites, but Dirk may or may not be living in a place occupied by sea-trolls. He obviously seems to know a lot about troll romance.
    Last edited by Thomar; 03-16-2012 at 08:32 AM.

Pronouns
    [none]

Dirk's chat with Roxy seems to imply that the two of them just picked famous people from Jane's time who were about the right age. Seems like a reasonable way to hide the fact that you're in the future.

e: given that we now know how far apart they are in the timeline.
    Last edited by unbeliever536; 03-16-2012 at 10:09 AM.
    Lately I've been way more active on GiantITP than here. If you like GAMES you should drop by some time!
    Proud winner of the English language, posesser of a most purple prose.
    Archive of stuff:
    [spoiler]
    This is an archive of all the story information Andrew has posted on Tumblr. This is a theory about how Aspects impact each player's party role.
    [\spoiler]
    I HAD SOME COOL SIGQUOTES BUT THEY WERE TOO BIG. OH WELL

Avatar by rendigo (heehee) ardentApathy's Avatar

HOLY SHIT.

Meteor Split Theory practically confirmed.

I literally did a fist pump and shouted "BAM! THEORY CONFIRMED, BITCHES!" in my friend's basement, and my friends were all like, "...lolwut". It was awesome.
    Hi, mothafuckas. HoNk
    Would you like to play a game?

You're right on the times coming very close. I still hold though that the example of Snowman's heart shows that post-scratch universes don't have frogs, and is contained somehow else. How this can happen just by changing portal times and destinations I dunno, but if true then the frog that Jack kills only represents B1 and B2 is safe somewhere else.

RE: CD as final boss. Well, despite him being... CD. He has so far proven himself to be the best assassin yet, having killed both the prince and both kings now. I dunno about final boss, but I am sure that he will stick around yet and prove to be an even sharper thorn in the side than Agent Jack. Even if its completely by accident.
    Hussie mentions in one of the EoA5 posts on his tumblr that the A2 universe is also a frog.
    Also, blowing up the kings doesn't seem to be all that hard considering they only walk around in circles all they long without responding to anything. As long as you know how to use explosives and makes sure you don't get squished by them (stand at the edge of the tiles) it should be a piece of cake.

Also, extrapolating on my IDE in the previous thread which among other things predicted that Nepeta would become a sprite and get prototyped with Gcat I will add that once she has done so absolutely everyone will start shipping her with Jaspersprite.
    Last edited by Druplesnubb; 03-16-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Holy crap. I know that I have no proof on the forums but I totally believed that time has passed every two children sent! (Although, that was the only logical explanation I think.)

CoMe To ThE #mSpA iRc!
    main | reblog blog | Tricksters Blog!!!!! | Little Troll Stuck (MORE LINKS BELOW)

Page 1 of 100 12341151 ... LastLast