MSPA Forums
Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 263334353637383946 ... LastLast

Thread: What would be the worst ending to Homestuck?

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Re: What would be the worst ending to Homestuck?

Quote Originally Posted by agentstinky View Post
    "To see the epic conclusion to Homestuck, buy the Homestuck Adventure Game, available Spring 2014 wherever fine video games are sold!"
    Hussie can be cruel, but he wouldn't do that.
    Although I do agree that would suck.
    Don't throw! Baertaffy: *throws*
    Feel free to check out the magic in the spoiler!

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Quote Originally Posted by bladeVantas View Post
    I don't know that actually kind of sounds like it has some potential. I do agree though that the loss of the current characters would be a bit of a hard blow.

Now that you've got me thinking what if Homestuck ended where the majority of the characters survive and/or they all survive but, they've been horribly scarred by the events of Homestuck. They all decide to go there seperate ways in the new universe and we have a couple of spin off stories about the characters after the main story is over. While, Homestuck 2 is basically they all get together to help the next group of players with their own session of Sburb. Another option would be that a new group of main characters have to find all of the survivors, and get them to help them with some major endeavor. You could also mix the two ideas together if you want to.
    I like the idea of, after Homestuck finishing, Andrew picking some of the best artists and/or writers from the community to write "mini-adventures" regarding the races in Sburb sessions with new species, after the Kid's universe. Each one wouldn't be very long, but it's be some official MSPA content to tide us over while waiting for the HAG. (Homestuck Adventure Game i call it HAG now)

Pronouns
    he/him/his

A big battle happens and stuff...

Then, mid-battle, John's consciousness is teleported to a higher plane of existance for no real reason. There he finds several alt versions of Caliborn and/or Gamzee. Each of these alt versions different aspects of the subconscious. In the middle of everything John finds god-tier FedoraFreak. He reveals to John that everything that has gone on is part of the eternal struggle with the id and how all of this is an allegory for the internet, the storage of the sentient experience. Then, John must decide to allow this cycle to continue or (insert sentemental choice here). But before John chooses...
    It ends.
    All I do is win.

The final act is a mad dash to enter the new universe before Lord English can already be here. They deal with all of the problems in rapid succession, killing the Condesce and reviving every dead character, in a gigantic clusterfuck like the end of Problem Sleuth. They enter the door into the new universe, relieved that they managed to escape before Lord English could kill everyone. That's funny? Why did it suddenly get all dark? Why did Karkat suddenly stop talking? Where is Rose? Suddenly, the lights come on, and John and Equius are alone in a dank bathroom, juju-shackled to the walls and with murder-devices attached to their heads. A screen comes on. It's Lord English. He tells them he wants to play a game. It's revealed that the rest of the characters are also in separate rooms with grisly death traps.

The rest of Homestuck is essentially an obscenely long Saw movie, with excruciating detail. Only Nepeta survives, with a dismembered right hand and part of her upper lip lacerated. It's revealed to her by English that this always happens when someone finishes Sburb; before they can enter the new universe, they have to be tested, Saw style, before they can enter the universe they created. Nepeta realises that a universe where the people fated to save it have to watch their friends die gruesomely just on the brink of victory in a cruel and shitty twist, is not one worth creating. She enters the new universe and tries to destroy the universe, and falls into insanity, and it's no longer about stopping hope ever reaching the new s___b players, but about meaningless destruction. She becomes, essentially, the C Universe's Lord English. The whole thing finally ends when players of the C universe session wake up in a grotty bathroom and Nepeta appears on the screen, telling them she wants to play a game.

Not to long ago, in a galaxy far, far away

When it was all just a dream... by Andrew Hussie, and it ends with him going to his computer, and starting the entire webcomic. I think it would be two sided, like some people would think it was amazing, and others would think that's just cruel of him. Personally, I'd be pissed.
    You know what's awesome? You... You know what else is awesome, everything... That means everyone and everything is awesome, therefore, it is considered a new normal, and must be out done by more awesomness, and it just keeps growing and growing... Too bad Justin Beiber totally ruined my idea of that being true at all...

Seer of Void inquisitiveAlchemist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chizita View Post
    -snop-
    So Nepeta IS Lord English! Those crack theories were right!

Quote Originally Posted by inquisitiveAlchemist View Post
    So Nepeta IS Lord English! Those crack theories were right!
    No, she isn't lord english. She is the C Universe's equivalent to him.

No, she isn't lord english. She is the C Universe's equivalent to him.
    Vantastic... they get a cat-like destroyer of universes... ouo
    You know what's awesome? You... You know what else is awesome, everything... That means everyone and everything is awesome, therefore, it is considered a new normal, and must be out done by more awesomness, and it just keeps growing and growing... Too bad Justin Beiber totally ruined my idea of that being true at all...

Bec Noir is an Adorable Puppy Paradoxius's Avatar

John was in a coma and dreamed the whole thing.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Either this or this would also suck pretty bad.
    All I do is win.

Beware the rainbowblood! Great Pikmin Fan's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

The very next update (I mean, RIGHT NOW with Roxy looking at something outside of the window becides the crack, but this could work at any point in the middle of the story) is a live-action image of Hussie laughing at the camera. The caption is one long speech revealing that by saying Homestuck was an experiment, he meant that he was only using it to try to troll people, and openly mocks the part of the fanbase that take any part of the comic even remotley seriously. The speech also reveals that the kickstarter money will be used to buy a hot tub.

There is another page after that.

It's a live-action image of Hussie mooning the camera with "THE END" written on his ass.

Seer of Void inquisitiveAlchemist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pikmin Fan View Post
    The very next update (I mean, RIGHT NOW with Roxy looking at something outside of the window becides the crack, but this could work at any point in the middle of the story) is a live-action image of Hussie laughing at the camera. The caption is one long speech revealing that by saying Homestuck was an experiment, he meant that he was only using it to try to troll people, and openly mocks the part of the fanbase that take any part of the comic even remotley seriously. The speech also reveals that the kickstarter money will be used to buy a hot tub.

It's a live-action image of Hussie mooning the camera with "THE END" written on his ass.
    I think that if he pulled a stunt like that, a mob of angry Homestuck fans with pitchforks and torches will appear outside his supposed place of residence.

Also, what hot tub would cost 2.5 million dollars?

Quote Originally Posted by CatcheJagger View Post
    Either this or this would also suck pretty bad.
    That is some fucked up shit...

Am I doing it right?

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Timur View Post
    That is horrid beauty summarized in shitty jpeg form.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

What do you mean that would be the best ending
    Tumblr

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pikmin Fan View Post

I'm often quite convinced that Hussie is trolling us all, and that Homestuck is his SBaHJ. But I honestly wouldn't care, I still find it enjoyable, even if it was one big "fuck you and the horse you rode in on."

Worst possible ending? Let's pray it not happen. Morsed for sad.

.- -. -.. .-. . .-- / -.. .. . ... / ..-. .. .-. ... - .-.-.-

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by temporalMessiah View Post
    Worst possible ending? Let's pray it not happen. Morsed for sad.

.- -. -.. .-. . .-- / -.. .. . ... / ..-. .. .-. ... - .-.-.-
    Morse coded for inconvenience:

--- .--. . -. .. -. --. / .-.. .. -. . / --- ..-. / - .... . / --- .--. .-.-.-
    Alternatively,
    > Shit: Happen.

Quote Originally Posted by trulyElse View Post
    Morse coded for inconvenience:

--- .--. . -. .. -. --. / .-.. .. -. . / --- ..-. / - .... . / --- .--. .-.-.-
    Morsed for supreme derp.

... .... .. - --..-- / -. .. -. .--- .- .----. -.. / -... -.-- / --- .--. .-.-.-

Lord English wins.

Quote Originally Posted by crypticMushroom View Post
    I dunno if it's been brought up already, but...
    What about the ending where it turns out the kids created the original trolls and vice versa and it's all just one big HELIX DOUBLE REACH-AROUND and the comic "ends" when they finally accomplish this goal, and the very last page links back to the first. O-O Like somehow they all create their own past selves before dying.
    Wouldn't that be fundamentally the culmination of homes tucks many themes about self creation and destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by WooMod View Post
    Wouldn't that be fundamentally the culmination of homes tucks many themes about self creation and destiny.
    It's a bad ending because nobody accomplishes anything if they're doomed to be stuck in an endless loop. There is no reward for the characters, and therefore no reward for the reader, since the story doesn't have a payoff.

It's a bad ending because nobody accomplishes anything if they're doomed to be stuck in an endless loop. There is no reward for the characters, and therefore no reward for the reader, since the story doesn't have a payoff.
    They accomplished everything they did, they accomplished themselves, if they are unhappy with that, they have no one but themselves to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by ghastlyMeme View Post
    I like the idea of, after Homestuck finishing, Andrew picking some of the best artists and/or writers from the community to write "mini-adventures" regarding the races in Sburb sessions with new species, after the Kid's universe. Each one wouldn't be very long, but it's be some official MSPA content to tide us over while waiting for the HAG. (Homestuck Adventure Game i call it HAG now)
    I'd prefer more things like Jailbreak, with suggestions and shit. Those are the best.
    I have nothing to put here, so I'm putting something here.

Knight of Mind That One Guy Named X's Avatar

Everyone dying anticlimactically.

It sounds silly, but it'd be incredibly cruel to simply up and kill everyone out of nowhere and end the story there.

Alternatively, revealing that it actually has been a game all along. By stopping right before the climax and showing John's computer reading "THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE SBURB BETA". Zoom out. Back to Act 1, nothing happened. Trolls are just random internet douches. Everyone's alive. John eats some cake. The end.

Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 263334353637383946 ... LastLast