MSPA Forums

View Poll Results: Which of these would you like to see most as a weekly event?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Prop Hunt

8 19.05%
  • VS Saxton Hale

17 40.48%
  • Zombie Fortress

7 16.67%
  • Stock Weapons Only

6 14.29%
  • Other

4 9.52%
Page 34 of 99 FirstFirst ... 24313233343536374484 ... LastLast

Thread: [TF2] Thread 10! Server back up

Pronouns
    [any]

Re: [TF2] Thread 10! Server Rebooted - The Scratch

I'll take the pistol, but I currently don't have metal. Will you accept two random weps?
    since images are disabled, here's my tumblr and here's my steam profile.
    shoot me a pm or something before adding me on steam, though.

I'd do a scrap for the knife, but it's worth around 1.33 ref. Unless you already know prices and don't care about selling them at a loss of course. I'll add you if you decide you want to do a scrap.

inside the singularity (and south Florida)

Argh, dammit! Source recorder is dumb. I thought it was demoing, but instead, I accidentally lost about a solid forty-five minutes of (really funny) footage.

Ah well, at least it was fun nonetheless. Apparently I make a mean Lord English.

I'd buy a Diamondback.

Serf of Hope
    Louisiana, aka a dumb place full of dumb people and dumb weather
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Shroomsy View Post
    Signed up for both. Who's going to be making the teams this time? What are the weapon bans?
    I will be making the teams, most likely, unless Terry (or someone else!) wants to take up the challenge. Bans for Highlander will be Enforcer and Necronomicon, and I suppose we will use UGC rules for 6v6, because derp.

That... is a lot of weapon restrictions. Why would the Battalion's Backup, Jag or Natascha be banned? They're already borderline useless. And... Mad Milk? The Gunslinger? Jarate? The Third Degree???
    what the HECK
    Here is my Tumblr and here is my Dangan Ronpa forum adventure and honestly both of those are pretty interesting you should check them out.

this isn't even my oc Jacquerel's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Maybe they're banned because they are useless and this is for super serious players only
    Except that's evidently not the case due to other weapons that are not banned so I am equally confused

The Land of Mountains and Majesty [Denver, CO]

Battalion's Backup nulls Kritzkrieg, and pocket soldiers with medics constantly healing them have a decent chance of surviving the damage required to activate it.

The Jag is a straight upgrade to the base wrench, since the chance of you meleeing anyone in 6v6 is zero to null, and fast building is essential.

Natascha's slowdown is a pain in the ass when half the game is mobility at upper levels.

Etc. etc. etc.

what IS the engineer allowed to use other than stock??? Like, the Eureka Effect, the SH, and... yeah that's it. Or the Heavy, whose only non-stock options are the Family Business and the KGB and the lolviction notice? The Soldier would be similarly crippled... if he didn't have like three times as many weapons as every other class. Banning them all would take forever!

EDIT: ninja'd with kinda shaky reasons- BB is bugged; the Jag okay I guess since spies don't exist in 6v6 but damn if the upgrade isn't almost imperceptible, and there's other stock weapons for which everything is a straight upgrade (hi there, bonesaw!); slowdown is a pain in the ass but does it really outweigh the DPS loss in 6v6, Etc. etc. etc.
    Last edited by -Benedict; 05-06-2012 at 09:03 PM.
    Here is my Tumblr and here is my Dangan Ronpa forum adventure and honestly both of those are pretty interesting you should check them out.

This is a thread that might answer your questions. However, if you'd like my personal opinion...if a weapon is annoying to fight against and causes a bit of butthurt, it will likely face a ban attempt--Minisentry, Cow Mangler, Pompson etc.

Quote Originally Posted by -Benedict View Post
    Or the Heavy, whose only non-stock options are the Family Business and the KGB and the lolviction notice?
    He still has access to the Warrior's Spirihahahaha who am I kidding
    ...I could be completely wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitostrike View Post
    I will be making the teams, most likely, unless Terry (or someone else!) wants to take up the challenge. Bans for Highlander will be Enforcer and Necronomicon, and I suppose we will use UGC rules for 6v6, because derp.
    only restrictions on weapons atm for UGC highlander are reserve shooter, enforcer, bominomicon. those are the restrictions for 6v6

Why is the bombinomicon banned?
    It's a misc!
    ...I could be completely wrong though.

Bomibnomicon is banned because of the random explosion - you're all 'HO SHIT THERE'S AN EXPLOSION WHAT DID I MISS'. At least, that's what I think the ban is about, it's a bit distracting.

I'm meh about the Reserve Shooter loss, but I can understand it. Guess I'll have to practice with my flare gun!

Here to greet you with a smile Azruelli's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karhs12 View Post
    It's a misc!
    I assume the same reason that unusuals had to be banned ages ago. It's not possible for the spy to replicate the Bombinomicon explosion without equipping it himself, and not everyone has that convenience.

Serf of Hope
    Louisiana, aka a dumb place full of dumb people and dumb weather
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by zeratuljo1291 View Post
    only restrictions on weapons atm for UGC highlander are reserve shooter, enforcer, bominomicon. those are the restrictions for 6v6
    Yeah, those weapons are just for 6v6. Maybe I didn't make that clear enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karhs12 View Post
    It's a misc!
    Because it makes you explode when you die, which is frustrating in several aspects, namely making Spies' job much more annoying in such a tightnit, competitive gamestyle.

EDIT: ninja'd with kinda shaky reasons- BB is bugged; the Jag okay I guess since spies don't exist in 6v6 but damn if the upgrade isn't almost imperceptible, and there's other stock weapons for which everything is a straight upgrade (hi there, bonesaw!); slowdown is a pain in the ass but does it really outweigh the DPS loss in 6v6, Etc. etc. etc.
    Hey, I don't make the rules, I just know the nitpicking that goes behind them. :v

Let's see if I can remember all the supposed logic for all of them...

SCOUT: Soda Popper, Bonk, Mad Milk, Sandman, Atomizer
    - Soda Popper for free mini-crits, Bonk allows a scout to play bullet sponge and avoid enemy uber/kritz attempts, Mad Milk allows free heals, Sandman for stunning people, and Atomizer for giving the Scout even more mobility than he already has.

SOLDIER: Liberty Launcher, Cow Mangler, Reserve Shooter, Righteous Bison, Battalions' Backup, Disciplinary Action
    - Liberty Launcher for high-speed rockets with no damage spread loss, Cow Mangler and Righteous Bison because fuck particle effects, Reserve Shooter for free mini-crits, Battalion's Backup for null-kritz and Disciplinary Action for allowing Soldier to give free mobility boosts to heavy classes.

DEMOMAN: Loch n Load, Persian Persuader, Ullapool Caber
    - Loch n Load and Ullapool Caber for high burst damage, Persian Persuader for free health from any ammo crate.

HEAVY: Natascha, Brass Beast, Tomislav, Buffalo Steak Sandvich, Sandvich, Gloves of Running Urgently, Fists of Steel
    - Natascha for fucking with other's movement, Brass Beast because of damage bonus, Tomislav for having no spin-up plus no sound, Buffalo Steak Sandvich and Sandvich for free health kit for others, GRU for giving heavy mobility with a downside that's nulled by a medic, and Fists of Steel for making him so damn hard to kill with ranged weaponry

ENGINEER: Pomson 6000, Wrangler, Short Circuit, Gunslinger, Frontier Justice, Jag
    - Pomson for nulling Medic's uber, Wrangler because of that shield, Short Circuit for destroying explosives, Gunslinger because mini-sentries are a pain in the ass for minimal build cost, Frontier Justice for free crits for doing it wrong, and Jag for build time bonus.

MEDIC: Vita-Saw, Solemn Vow
    - Vita-Saw for free uber for dying, Solemn Vow for being able to see enemy health

SNIPER: Sydney Sleeper, Machina, Jarate
    - Sydney Sleeper and Jarate for free mini-crits, Machina for piercing and damage bonus

PYRO: Reserve Shooter, Philogistinator, Third Degree
    - Reserve Shooter for free mini-crits, Phlog for free crits and free health, Third Degree for punishing medics for healing people.

SPY: Enforcer
    - Damage bonus
    Last edited by Siegmundfried; 05-06-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Pretty girls and owl-like gods Superfrequency's Avatar

what the HECK
    Welcome to competitive play i.e. house ruling everything you don't like away

no sidegrades soldier only badlands

Printer on vacation Henry Spencer's Avatar

If anyone has a couple 43 crates they don't want, I'll open them. Got 2 keys from trades burning a hole in my bag.

Also, Spies can replicate the explosion effect, but if they use the Dead Ringer, the explosion will happen where they are at that moment in time (as opposed to where their "corpse" is). Pretty sure unusuals are allowed now too, they fixed that issue ages ago.
    Last edited by Henry Spencer; 05-06-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Spencer View Post
    If anyone has a couple 43 crates they don't want, I'll open them. Got 2 keys from trades burning a hole in my bag.
    I got a couple. Feel free to them, just send me a trade invite.

inside the singularity (and south Florida)

Okay, I'm sorry, but if we're going to rule out the Loch-n'-Load, we should get rid of Demoknights too. If we aren't allowed to get high (non-spreading, might I add) burst damage as a reward for solid accuracy, then why the fuck is any random Joe allowed to charge all the way across the map and get free crits unabated? I mean, I know it replaces the sticky launcher in spite, but still... That's just the slightest bit weighted, don't you think?

this isn't even my oc Jacquerel's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Am I reading this wrong or are only the bolded ones actual reasons for banning items
    The rest just sound like descriptions of the purpose that the weapon in question is designed for, rather than reasons to get rid of them

Again, I don't make the rules, nor am I saying I agree with their assessments. I'm just telling you what people were most likely thinking when they made them.

But to try and answer your question, Dr., losing the sticky launcher far, far outweighs whatever bonuses Demoknights gain in high-level 6v6 settings.
    Last edited by Siegmundfried; 05-06-2012 at 10:52 PM.

Well the only two weapons on that list I even use are the Gunslinger and the GRU. I can understand the GRU ban and I'd have a very hard time finding a reason to go Offengineer in a 6v6 match so... yeah.

Also @everyone who wanted to buy my items, yes I am trading them for scrap because I am just a nice guy, Steam name is Arachnofiend, message me when you want to trade, I should be online for the next few hours.

Printer on vacation Henry Spencer's Avatar

Henry Spencer: would go great with some soldier, pyro, engie, or heavy hats
    Henry Spencer: anything else though, ehhh
    Henry Spencer: maybe scout, i guess?
    Mrs. Gency: vintage merryweather
    Henry Spencer: i was thinking the stash, or the armored authority
    Mrs. Gency: what kind of a soldier uses the shotgun what madness is this
    Mrs. Gency: enjoy your poop disaster I'm out
    Mrs. Gency is now Offline.
    But but but... I like the shotgun.

Also, the reason Demoknight is allowed is because you have to give up the Stickybomb Launcher. That thing is the single-most damaging weapon in 6v6, hands down, and the ability to create traps and possibly kill a couple players is insanely useful when even one death can ruin a push.
    Last edited by Henry Spencer; 05-06-2012 at 10:58 PM.