View Poll Results: Prospit or Derse?

Voters
211. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer Prospit.

94 44.55%
  • I prefer Derse.

117 55.45%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Prospit or Derse?(because the other thread got locked)

Re: Prospit or Derse?(because the other thread got locked)

Prospit. Derse's particular shade of violet hurts my eyes, and Prospit is just seems lively. Not to mention on Prospit you get to see glimpses of the future, instead of having to hear the wailing of hundreds of tentacled horrorterrors that most likely want to devour your soul.

Derse. I think Prospit would just constantly hurt my eyes!
    That, and as wonderful as seeing the future is, I think Dream Bubbles are much more efficient and interesting. In Dream Bubbles, you can actually be there and live the scene, talk to the dead and the sleeping, and visit very trippy places.
    Though... the horrorterrors would give me quite the nightmares...

A snowstorm inside a snowglobe in Finland

Totally Derse. Derse is more mysterious and just kind of... dark and awesome. It'd be cool to walk through in the evenings. And Prospit would just give me a migraine.

Prospit, because subtlety isn't exactly my strong suit.

Probably a Derse dreamer, myself.

Let's rattle off the checklist, shall we?

- I hate hate hate hate hate hate bright lights.
    - Cynical
    - Purple > yellow in my opinion
    - Dersites are pretty cool in my opinion, WV is great too
    - All my bad dreams that aren't full-blown nightmares are usually dark and unsettling, and all of my good dreams rarely have tons of bright colors. I once had one of those unsettling nightmares about a forest full of light.
    - Conversations with Horrorterrors could be pretty, uh, unique
    CLICK SPOILER FOR SIG:

Quote Originally Posted by dialecticBlight View Post
    Probably a Derse dreamer, myself.

Let's rattle off the checklist, shall we?

- I hate hate hate hate hate hate bright lights.
    - Cynical
    - Purple > yellow in my opinion
    - Dersites are pretty cool in my opinion, WV is great too
    - All my bad dreams that aren't full-blown nightmares are usually dark and unsettling, and all of my good dreams rarely have tons of bright colors. I once had one of those unsettling nightmares about a forest full of light.
    - Conversations with Horrorterrors could be pretty, uh, unique
    I'll choose Derse and agree perfectly with the first four of these points. I don't really dream so much, so I can't say anything about nightmares, though.

Prospit just seems like too bright and cheerful and irritating for my taste, really.

Prospit. I have sensitive eyes too, but if Jane can grow extra arms and fly on a whim, I think less sensitive eyes or shades wouldn't be too much to ask.

Your Freedom For THIS Beef The_Codfish's Avatar

For the atmosphere? Derse. It's 'cause I'm a night owl; I really prefer staying up late to being awake early in the morning.

But hell, I just think it's cooler to try and use the HTs' whisperings to your advantage without getting manipulated compared to viewing the clouds on Skaia and being possibly misled.

Horrorterrors are just the right mix of insanely creepy and slighty amazing. I don't really think you have to worry about getting manipulated by them a la Rose since she was a pretty huge fan of them in the first place and was completely genre-blind to how they were manipulating her in a way that was completely obvious to anyone with a brain, so I'm not worrying about getting corrupted or anything.

WV and I would be best buds.
    CLICK SPOILER FOR SIG:

I don't get why you guys say Derse looks better than Prsopit. Honestly, I always thought that Prospit looked beautiful. Was one of the things that kept me reading homestuck back in act three.
    This thread has just been derpified.

Quote Originally Posted by dialecticBlight View Post

WV and I would be best buds.
    The WV flash shows him near a house down on the battlefield, so I don't think he actually lived on Derse.

I guess I would pick Prospit. I do love violet, oh God do I love violet, but I find Prospit so beautiful. Also, I look good in yellow. I also had to look into my personality, and I just found myself to be more of a Prospit person. It was really a hard pick, but oh well.

Prospit

Firstly, nobody in the comic ever complained bout the bright lights, not even the nocturnal species---trolls, so i guess the game makes dream selves less susceptible to bright lights.

Secondly, c'mon people, prophetic clouds. Their information can make the difference between failed or won sessions.

Thirdly, the carapaces are more friendly and kind. An audience with the WQ would be easy to obtain, and she could back you up with all the info you need, see the kids sessions WQ who knew of many things even before her exile.

Fourthly, why care for the inevitable win of derse. As a player the war is a timer, and you should pray that the dersites win slower/ prospitians are stronger so that you have more time to reach a higher tier.

One thing i seemed to notice is that maybe prospit doesn't have spare quest beds, like derse. I mean all the prospit players god tiered on their home planets, while all the dersite players ascended on derse.

Derse. It's dark, it's purple, and it has Lovecraftian horrors to talk to. What more could you ask for?

Also, it's much easier to throw a wrench in the enemy's works if you are in their base.
    \/The ultimate secrets of the universe await\/

Here until the end of time Blaperile's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by FowlJ View Post
    The WV flash shows him near a house down on the battlefield, so I don't think he actually lived on Derse.
    When the war hasn't begun yet, only the Kings are on the Battlefield, like it was here for B2.

We saw WV on Derse in [S] Prince of Heart: Rise up. Dream Dirk passed him while flying, and later DD walked past him and a "!" appeared above his head.

Mage Of Time

I think it would be lovely to be on Prospit, however I somewhat feel like I wouldn't fit in there well.
    I just feel like I would belong better on Derse. On one test I'm a Derse dreamer, yet on a different one I'm a Prospit since I'm an ISTJ.
    But going along with my personality, I think I'd be a Derse dreamer.

Sylph of Mind jovialPhilosopher's Avatar
    Land of Monuments and Disorientation (MD)

I love both Prospit or Derse, really. I appreciate both for what they are. They both have great music, they both have stunning atmospheres, they both have cool and helpful aids for your quest, both Prospitians and Dersites are adorable...

Yet, despite the fact that I would fit in well on either one and despite my patron troll being a Derse dreamer (patron troll alignments are how most people figure which moon they might be on if they were real, I've noticed), I'm convinced that I'd be a Prospit dreamer and I'm more than okay with it. My jovial nature does indeed trump any dark side to me and I often daydream about...Well, daydreaming, staring into those beautiful oracle clouds.
    Tumblr
    Because I'm extremely bored all the time.

Derse. It scares me and I don't want to be there. But I wouldn't know what to do in Prospit because all my dreams are dimly lit nightmares. My earliest memory is of a nightmare man chasing me through a dark building with a knife. I'm probably already on the purple moon, nappin in enemy territory, listenin to the distant undulation of slippery tentacles
    ?

Pronouns
    [any]

Derse: It's all violet (which is an awesome color) and it's got the best half of the music from the Prospit & Derse album. Also it's got Rose and Dave. Though, I'll admit I like the troll Prospit dreamers more than the troll Derse dreamers. I guess maybe if I was hypothetically in the troll session for whatever crazy reason, I'd prefer Prospit. But yeah, Derse is awesome. It's even got a cooler sounding name.

solarVerdancy

My general personality and interests makes me perfect for Prospit.
    The kindly Carapacians and lack of tentacled douchebags screaming in your ear every five minutes is also a plus.

Also, painful or not, the brightness of the moon would make it pretty hard not to realize that you're Awake.

Mage of Heart

I voted for Derse.
    Why?
    Well, Mostly because I have dreams on Derse. All of my favorite characters are derse dreamers and I just like the vibe of it. :B

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

I would love Prospit. Prospitan perigee seems to be a really intense and fascinating phenomena. I would love to go cloud gazing. It's also NOT all about making you lose and you're pretty close to the battlefield. I would find it pretty easy I think. Pretty straight forward too. Look at the clouds, they tell you stuff. Talk to the Prospitans, they love you. WQ probably wouldn't be all against a chat either.

Still, I would go with Derse. I'm intensely intrigued by what lies just beyond the furthest ring. I want to study and figure out the Horror Terrors and their dream bubbles. Dealing with the Dersites will be a bit of a challenge though. One I wouldn't mind.

d3l1r1ous rud3br4z3n SirPwnington's Avatar

Aww damn. I voted Derse before I realised that Can Town was an option. :c

canid themed supervillain Hardass Mcstabs's Avatar
    Pronouns
    it/its

Derse has time powers and characters like Aradia and Roxy and WV, and i think in a pesterlog Dirk had said that even though derse is the enemy, they still worship your dreamself. So the carapacians would still be pretty friendly to you so long as they arent agents. I think i would fit pretty well with derse too.

But most of my favorite characters are from prospit and i have had some dreams having to do with prospit. Also, The Golden Towers by solatrus is a really, really good song, so i'm kind of torn between the two.
    read my comic it has furry cowboys committing heinous crimes and shooting each other http://wantedcomic.tumblr.com/

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingTornado View Post
    Prospit
    One thing i seemed to notice is that maybe prospit doesn't have spare quest beds, like derse. I mean all the prospit players god tiered on their home planets, while all the dersite players ascended on derse.
    That's very interesting actually. We've seen three quest beds on planets so far (John's, Jade's, and Vriska's) and one on Derse (Aradia's). I'm not going to count Dave and Rose in this assessment due to the rather unusual circumstance of their dreamselves' deaths. This might be a reflection of the role of the two Kingdoms and how players are supposed to play to this. Prospit dreamers seem to take a more direct approach to the problem. Most of them seem to actively get involved in the quests or other important duties (such as Frog Breeding). Derse dreamers play indirectly (Aradia was pretty much doing her own thing throughout the troll session, Rose takes a very interesting approach at studying the game in detail, Dave dicks around with time to manipulate the LOHACSE, none of which were really directly applicable to breeding a new universe (but were very important any way)). It might be a reflection in the difference between playing roles and how you will probably die. Very interesting...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast