View Poll Results: Prospit or Derse?

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer Prospit.

93 44.29%
  • I prefer Derse.

117 55.71%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Prospit or Derse?(because the other thread got locked)

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Re: Prospit or Derse?(because the other thread got locked)

Prospit for me. As much as a love the aesthetics of Derse, I'd much prefer being in a bright / sunny / more friendly place.

Derse is pretty awesome for its political intrigue, but Prospit's social structure has its own value too -- if you're an awake Prospit dreamer you can ask the locals and the royalty directly about goings-on in your universe instead of having to sneak around to get the same benefits.

Definitely Prospit for me. It looks beautiful, the company seems nice, and being able to see the future in clouds would be enjoyable.

Derse. Not only is the gold an eyesore, but on Prospit, you don't get access to the amount of knowledge that you do on Derse. (Most) Characters from Derse seemingly shrug off the glubbing as well.

Derse. Mostly because of the tactical advantage, and the violin's clear superiority over any guitar. Any of them. Plus, it would be cool to talk to some horrorterrors; you'd just have to be careful of their meddling.

i like prospit a lot better also because it feels more like you are in an actual dream, with a golden city and clouds and hospitable carapace people

but derse feels less like a dream and more like you just woke up in a weird dark city with horrible eldritch monsters from beyond whispering things in your ear and everybody there seems to hate you

Here's how I've been thinking of it for a long while now:

Playing SBURB is like theater. You're basically putting on a production and like in a production everyone has a role.

Prospit dreamers are the on-stage actors. They're the stars of the show. They're the big damn heroes who do all the impressive feats of nature. For them, the clouds of Skaia are like the one dude who prompts you for your lines so you can remember what to say on your own.

Derse dreamers are the back stage workers. They keep everything moving. They make sure the show goes on. It's not important for them to be seen. What's important is that they go in, set everything up, and maybe clean up afterwards if they feel like it. Presumably the Horrorterrors are the metaphorical stage managers yelling at them about all the ways the play can go wrong if they don't do THIS and THAT at the right times.

Having been in both positions before I'd have to say I'd prefer to be a Derse dreamer. Not just because remembering your lines is a big pain but because you're a lot more involved with the intricacies of the "play" (or the game when it comes to SBURB) and the mechanisms which keep it going and getting credit isn't important for me.

I think I like Derse better. It's a little weird to say that because I'm simply obsessed with the color yellow. I think that the prophetic clouds are a little bit stressful, to be honest. I think I'd end up acting like I was in an episode of That's So Raven. A while ago, somebody said that one of the main differences between Derse and Prospit is choice and destiny, respectively. The concept of destiny is something I don't really like to think about so much. I'd much rather believe (even if it was futile in reality) that the actions I make make a difference. You can always choose to tune out from the glubs and what you do with the information they give you (if you decide to listen) is up to you.

I also prefer the Derse kids to the Prospit kids (There was a moment where I didn't like Rose too much, but, I'm over that now and back to loving her). And then there's the added benefit of PRETTY PRETTINESS OH GOD LOOK AT THAT CUTE LITTLE HUMMINGBIRD

Prospit's a pretty cool place, a shame I've only been able to see the inside of my dream bedroom a couple times so far. :|
    Your chumhandle is gargantuanFeline and you tend to talk using perfect grammar and no swearing no matter what.

Derse. It seems the option where you could be "neutral" more easily, not to mention it is more likely to win the war. Plus, Prospit's bright colors would hurt my eyes.

Always choose the winning side, or go neutral.
    Do not judge me by my age, but the thoughts my mind is capable of creating and processing.
    Pesterchum Handles: [fantrolls: quicktypeEyewear, variegationSerum] [myself: oppositesAttract, levelheadedMusical]

Low Tehcrnonaninser InvertedVoid's Avatar

Did a quick tally of the posts so far because there isn't a poll, got about
    17 for Prospit
    28 for Derse
    1 for Can Town
    and a couple of ties between Prospit and Derse. Count's prolly off by a couple, but Derse is definitely leading. Seriously though, this needs a legit poll.
    Avatar avatar'ed by me, then WholeLataPie'd by WholeLataPie.

Pronouns
    ze/hir/hirs

Dunno why, but I have always liked Prospit more, though I think I would actually be a derse dreamer.

handle: dashingSmuggler Action Sandwich's Avatar

I think I was decided on whether I liked Prospit or Derse better when the White Queen clobbered Jack while he was trying to assassinate Jane. Prospit royalty FTW! plus like trueBug pointed out, you can always ask the Prospit royalty about goings on in Sburb. also I think Skaia is extremely cool, I love the idea of gaining insight from the clouds.

guys i added a poll now

Quote Originally Posted by epoose View Post
    guys i added a poll now
    What no can town?

Creator of Shit extraterrestrialAnchovy's Avatar
    Land of Hopelessness and Crushed Creativity (Beijing)
    Pronouns
    [any]

Prospit. Despite purple being my favourite colour, I think that being on Prospit gives me a more cheerful and relaxed feel as opposed to Derse. And with the on-stage Prospit, off-stage Derse opinion, I think I'd rather be in the spotlight (Like the silly person I am). I've always been scared of the dark anyways. But on the other hand, the Derse people seem pretty bad-ass. I like playing the violin more than my piano. Though Derse has a heavier mood to it, which I do not like.

So yeah, Prospit for me.

I hope the people aren't just saying Derse because it's cool to be on the dark side and that kind of stuff.
    My chumhandle is the exact same thing as my username.

I lied, I made two fantrolls.

Derse, cause holy hell I have sensitive eyes.
    I do like Prospit too, but hey, let's be realistic here. I'd rather not be floating around with my eyes closed.
    http://electricwestern.deviantart.com/
    Look at all the arts I have. I make props and other interesting things.

woah a poll okay
    I'm going to go with Derse. Greyscale convinced me.
    yup no opinions of my own here carry on

flying at the speed of rage thottobeextinct's Avatar

CAN TOWN FTW. We must all bow down to the omnicences of the Mayor. All heil. All heil.
    If you don't understand what i'm saying, don't worry, I probably don't either.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

prospit, are you TOKING UP or something
    3DS FC: 0920-0818-2494

Current Most Important FAdventures: Romantic Lime Adventure, an adventure about limes and romance, and Tirgostuck, the continued (text) adventures of the citizens of a strange world.

And I also write Homestuck fanfiction, I guess??

Derse, because purple is awesome and I assume we get free Betty Crocker pastries and Horrorterrors are like 50x cooler than magical psychic TV clouds or w/e.

But mostly because PURPLE. 83

Derse because Prospit is so shiny it'd probably hurt my eyes

Derse is what I got on the test, and that's what I choose. I wouldn't be in any real harm
    Being the Star of Void, none of the Dersites would be able to find me there to harm me, and the Horrorterrors wouldn't be able to fuck with me. They would be able to talk to me when I want to talk to them, and only when I want to talk to them. Plus, being a spy while safe with my aspects' powers = best

Edit:
    Also, imagine if you find an Obsidian rock, or a broken off piece of a building from Derse or something, captchalogue it and use it for alchemical purposes to get awesome Dersite Obsidian Weapons

Prospit is lovely and has its own charms, plus cloud-gazing and being able to interact with the royalty sounds nice, but Derse just seems far more...Complex, I guess is the best word for it! Darkened alleys and hearing the whispers from residents of the Furthest Ring just engages my interest more than the relative tranquility of Prospit. Plus there's that moody ambiance that is very distinctive.

Derse, because it's not so damn bright.

I think both have their ups and downs. Derse seems to have a lot more intrigue, where as Prospit is more tranquil. The people of Prospit and the prophecy clouds seem to be a lot more helpful in terms of making friends and getting information, but on Derse, it seemed that you would get a better feel on how the enemies in sburb act and getting a better understanding of how the conflict works. Almost like the difference between knowledge and understanding. I'd probably be a Derse dreamer, but I like both places equally.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast