Page 49 of 93 FirstFirst ... 394647484950515259 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2322

Thread: Multisentence Comic Hiatus Extravaganza

Maid of Space genteelGunslinger's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Re: Multisentence Comic Hiatus Extravaganza

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel990 View Post
    No way, I love voice recordings, where could you possibly have gotten the idea that I hate them, that makes no sense.
    This is how I feel about you at this point, tiny Dani.

To avoid confusion, but not by much ------>https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38437009/candycorn2.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/GoNVp.pnghttp://mspaforums.com/images/smilies/candycorn.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/w0AkI.gif 'should have', 'could have', 'might have', 'would have'. Hoo hoo hoo, mm.

All it takes is one bad day... Tirgo's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by phantasmalDexterity View Post
    So is Dirk. Are we hating him now then, or what.
    I personally don't mind rap, dont really like it, but it can be amusing, for example the one that Physics=Napoleon has in his sig was fun.
    But I wasn't here then so I dunno, it might have been worse back then.
    YOU MISSED MY ENTIRE POINT

DID YOU EVEN READ MY POST
    3DS FC: 0920-0818-2494

Current Most Important FAdventures: Romantic Lime Adventure, an adventure about limes and romance, and Tirgostuck, the continued (text) adventures of the citizens of a strange world.

And I also write Homestuck fanfiction, I guess??

bustin-bustin-bustin-bustin- Karp's Avatar

I'm going to go out on a limb here and propose my theory that if you're a Page, at some point it's mandatory that you be confined to a wheelchair. Any proposals as to how we get Jake into this situation?
    Click below for Dancin' Lil' Seb, The WV Folder and other stuff.
    VV Do it. VV

Witch of Heart/Thief of Fun Stormspirit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xqz View Post
    Except Rose is perfectly aware of how it works, as she explained it to Dave. I guess at this point here's not enough really a distinction between "separate timeline" and "separate universe" especially when there are really only 10 differences- the 8 baby meteors, the temple, and GCAT.
    Ah, right. But, as you said, it's almost impossible to make a distinction between timeline and universe in that case. Because, every pieces of evidence we have could simply be explained by something going differently. Which is exactly what happened with the meteors; Skaia went and changed the coordinates so as to make an alternate timeline. That's the basis we have for the 'same universe, different timelines' theory.
    Folders and sigquotes below. Warning: This may cause brain damage. http://i.imgur.com/LltzU.pnghttp://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...gendercorn.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/b1RdM.gif

Net Idol Tenma Moderator Kíeros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karp View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and propose my theory that if you're a Page, at some point it's mandatory that you be confined to a wheelchair. Any proposals as to how we get Jake into this situation?
    He broke his leg at some time in the past, and given the island, it is difficult to get around with crutches, so he used a wheelchair. Problem solved, as then he's already been in one, and there's no need to go any firther.
    Rules     :     Mods
    [U4G] Seconds'

Do you have what it takes to join my Fubuki Group

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspirit View Post
    Compressing IS deleting. "Free space" on your computer is also data; it's simply that those pieces of data are blank.
    Not really, deleting things implies a loss of information. Technically Free Space on a computer is not blank, it's just data that the computer knows is not being used (which is why even after deleting things they can still technically be recovered for a while.) Compressing is just changing the data into a form that takes less space to represent the same amount of information, it's not telling the computer to get rid of it.

Anyway though, this is just semantics really.
    Pearofessional pear pun enthusiast. Formerly known as P_equals_NP. Ducko on TFM.
    My Tumblr Where I gush all about my worst favorite kids cartoon shows. (I'm awful)
    My DeviantArt Where I draw things of questionable artistic value.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Kíeros View Post
    He broke his leg at some time in the past, and given the island, it is difficult to get around with crutches, so he used a wheelchair. Problem solved, as then he's already been in one, and there's no need to go any firther.
    AH! CRIPPLING INJURY! I believe we have all the evidence we need, folks.

And with that, I think I will FINALLY GO TO SLEEP!

Good night.

Okay, one more run through of Rust Maid.
    To avoid confusion, but not by much ------>https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38437009/candycorn2.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/GoNVp.pnghttp://mspaforums.com/images/smilies/candycorn.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/w0AkI.gif 'should have', 'could have', 'might have', 'would have'. Hoo hoo hoo, mm.

Rogue of SPACE!/Witch of Blood Daniel990's Avatar
    Pronouns
    [any]

Quote Originally Posted by genteelGunslinger View Post
    This is how I feel about you at this point, tiny Dani.

Well, I feel the same about you for saying "would of" all the time.
    And you will stop doing it.
    Or have you stopped already?
    fitter happier more productive

Quote Originally Posted by Kíeros View Post
    That's just plausible enough to not apply to my crack theory.

I think that he takes a tumble down the stairs leading up to the Frog Temple after being tripped by Terry Kiser, who as it turns out, was actually a double agent working for the Horrorterrors this whole time.
    VV Do it. VV

Do you have what it takes to join my Fubuki Group

Should he stop it?
    ... or stopped?

*oh snap.gif*
    Pearofessional pear pun enthusiast. Formerly known as P_equals_NP. Ducko on TFM.
    My Tumblr Where I gush all about my worst favorite kids cartoon shows. (I'm awful)
    My DeviantArt Where I draw things of questionable artistic value.

So the next rung on Jane's echeladder
    Is "Heiress Sans Parent"

Is this terrible? Y/Y
    ---

Not enjoyable as a person Doom Zero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantasmalDexterity View Post
    iIf you aren't Doom Zero, or don't care about my dumb not understanding, you can skip this post.
    Hey.

So 2nd attempt. I'll try to be more systematic than at the first try.
    First some lingo, for easier writing: TL-timeline, DTL-doomed timeline

So, Rose and Dave timeline. That's so unique, and that's why I have troubles with it. Because recently Aranea gave us a canon definition of DTLs. It's a TL, that came from a choice that Paradox Space thinks that shouldn't have happened. And it doesn't advence the "plot". Therefor it's destiny is to wither and die.

No let's analyze the R-D TL. It was doomed, because A: John died and B: Calsprite. At least one of these. BUT this TL must happen so that a: Davesprite and Lil' Cal can exist and b: Rose can get expanded knowledge. Therefor it helped the "main" TL to advance. So by the definition Aranea gave us, it can't be DTL. But there's Rose. She 'ceased to exist', not simply died. That might mean that the TL withered and died. So it's a DTL. But then what's up with Dave, and bluh bluh... you get the picture. This TL is full with contradictions. (1)

Also, there's Aradia, Dave and Terezi who all talked about doomed selves. But does that necessary means that they come from a DTL? Definetly not.
    For example, Aradia did something similar as Dave: brought a code from a "DTL" back to the main story. It. Advanced. The. Main. TL. (I'm not trying to be rude, just emphasize the importance of this) (2)

(Warning: from this point, it gets a little incoherent)
    Another strange thing about DTLs. Dead trolls. If Rose's destiny is what really should have happened, then they shouldn't exist in the Furthest Ring, which as we know that however strange it behaves, has only one timeline, the main one. (3) So all those dead trolls are part of the main TL now. They got killed not because they were living in a DTL and therefor they shouldn't exist at all, because then they should have just simply 'ceased to exist'. Instead they got killed, and "live on" in the main TL. (4) And as we saw in the case of Cod Tier!Feferi and Duck Tier!Eridan, they needed to exist in order to help in the main TL. (5) So again, by the definition of Aranea, they couldn't come from a DTL, could they? This paragraph was more about the dream bubbles than the DTLs, but it ties into it. Because what if another reason the dream bubbles exist is this:
    Paradox Space doesn't care about doomed timelines, it only makes sure that there is maximum only ONE living version of everybody. But because it's plan has so many little details, ONE version of each character is not enough. So it makes sure that the DTL people get killed, and imported into the main TL for later use. (6) But than can the TL they came from really called doomed? (7)

So, you see, that's why I asked your help. Because I'm surely forgeting about a really important piece of the puzzle.

edit: after posting this, but before reading everything else I had another IDE: What if the thing that made R-D TL DTL was the fact that Dave left the timeline. *
    (1) I agree. Full of contradictions. The problem is, we don't know how seriously Andrew still follows his first example. It's very possible that this model of a doomed timeline applies to every other doomed timeline. The problem is, we simply haven't seen it in a way that could be applied to the other doomed timelines.* There are aspects of doomed timelines that are shown here that simply... haven't been mentioned at all. It could be due to our own shallow analysis, but I do think that it would be rather hard to draw connections between the first example and the others. It seems like this was Andrew experimenting with the idea, and he decided to change the idea a little the next time he implemented it.

(2) Emphasize it with italics or underlining. As to your statements... Yeah. I don't know if a DTL is completely unable to influence the Alpha. I think a DTL can influence it without necessarily becoming anything more or less than a DTL. I personally believe that sometimes the Alpha timeline will fall "off-track" and do something it's not supposed to. I call these "Natural Doomed Timelines", because they form naturally, without outside influence. Natural DTLs are the primary enemy of time players, who use time travel to correct whatever error was made to cause these timelines. Aradia gives so many examples, it's hard to simply shrug it off. Through her thousand robots, we can infer that every single one of them came from a Natural DTL that had to be corrected. Artificial DTLs would be those caused by outside influence or unnecessary action. For example, when Dave tries to stop DD and dies. The timeline he leaves behind becomes artificially doomed because it no longer has a Dave in it, and therefor all of the events that Dave needs to participate in will no longer occur. Remember, it wouldn't have been an offshoot timeline at all, if Dave had managed to form a stable timeloop. That's probably what Dave was intending to do, before he died.

(3) I disagree. I don't think it has a timeline at all. All of the dreambubbles have separate self-contained timelines.

(4) Well, they "live on" in their dream bubble, which is fairly separated from the many timelines we have seen so far. Remember, we don't have one timeline to witness, we have many. And, even with all these timelines to watch, the dream bubbles are still separated. I guess, given the fact that these timelines all contribute to one singular timeline in the very end, we could sort of infer a grand timeline of sorts. Because Gcat is certainly part of the B2 timeline, and Gcat is powered by the Green Sun, which was created by the Kids' session, which contained a bomb that housed the A and B universes which both had to end in order for the bomb to detonate. I guess you could say that there is a sort of grand timeline, in a way, as if a great river with all of the individual timelines forming tributaries flowing into it.

(5) Ah! That's an interesting point! Hmm. Truthfully, I don't know how to answer that, but you do seem to be right. If we were to ignore the D-R DTL, it would be easy to imagine dream bubbles as the last remnants of DTLs, preserved in Paradox Space almost like a bubble of air trapped in ice. You do bring up a good point. We almost... can't accept the D-R DTL and the Dream Bubbles at the same time.

(6) I understand what you're saying about this, and I think I agree. It seems a little strange to me, honestly. It definitely has challenged my thinking on the matter. I don't know if it necessarily has to make sure the doomed players die, but it seems plausible. Over all, it sounds good to me.

(7) I think the distinction here is not between timeline and Doomed timeline, but rather between Doomed timeline and unimportant timeline. Doomed timelines contribute to the alpha in many different ways, but I don't think they've ever contributed to it without the medium of a time player. Perhaps the dream bubbles are simply one more way for DTLs to contribute to the alpha?

(*) Back in my first point, I had an idea, and I guess it relates to your idea expressed at the bottom of the post. I didn't stop to explain it there, 'cause it'd interrupt my thoughts. So, here's something to think about. As a Knight of Time, Dave's task is to protect. It's possible that he protects timelines by being in them. In a way, his presence in a timeline saves it from collapse. As a reversal of this, timelines would collapse without him there. Aradia's role as a Maid would be to support timelines, in a sense. I'm not sure if the D-R DTL was doomed by Dave leaving, necessarily, but I think it faded away because of this. You might think that it couldn't be possible for every doomed timeline without a time player to collapse, but consider the fact that we've never seen a doomed timeline that specifically had no hero of time in it. Godtier Feferi most likely came from a timeline that Aradia didn't abandon. At least, we don't have any evidence to say that Godtier Feferi couldn't have died before Aradia left the timeline.
    http://i.imgur.com/rpITg.gifhttps://dl.dropbox.com/u/38437009/candycorn2.png

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I really should of seen this coming, actually. I knew you would of used that against me, and you did. I could of done something about it, and I might just. How am I doing so far?

Edit:

Yea gads, man. Do you want to keep me up all night, Doom? I'll read that in the morning.

Anyone else think Bronze Rebel sounds like that song in the desert prison in LoZ: OoT? That's what it reminded me of.
    Last edited by genteelGunslinger; 04-08-2012 at 12:15 PM.

phantasmaid phantasmalDexterity's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

No way, I love voice recordings, where could you possibly have gotten the idea that I hate them, that makes no sense.
    SEE???? My story is true!!!! The Witch is upon us...
    But seriously, Dani, why do you have to read everything? You just confuse everyone with you past thread reading and commenting... (Although I find it amusing to tell the truth)

Quote Originally Posted by Tirgo View Post
    YOU MISSED MY ENTIRE POINT

DID YOU EVEN READ MY POST
    i THOUGHT i UHHH,,,, DID,,,,
    Last edited by phantasmalDexterity; 04-08-2012 at 12:20 PM.
    I used to be around a lot but then PUASE.... happened.
    I used to have a cool signature, but it got nerfed.

Is "Heiress Sans Parent"

Is this terrible? Y/Y
    Technically, since she's her own ectobiological parent, and Jack already stab-killed her dreamself, this situation has already been resolved.

(I'm hoping Dad is going to survive in this instance of the universe, but I'm not optimistic.)
    Last edited by Karp; 04-08-2012 at 12:19 PM. Reason: no editing for correctness occuring here, nope.
    VV Do it. VV

Pronouns
    she/her

Quote Originally Posted by Karp View Post
    Technically, since she and Jake are her own ectobiological parents, and Jake's Dreamself is already dead, this situation has already been resolved.

(I'm hoping Dad is going to survive in this instance of the universe, but I'm not optimistic of that.)
    Jack is going to kill PM but Dad will kill Jack.
    And then start delivering mail.

This is my theory and it will be correct.
    Sigquotes and Soundcloud below!

Is "Heiress Sans Parent"

Is this terrible? Y/Y
    You forgot VY up there.

And I guess no one saw or has anything to say about my theory on the last page. Lovely.
    Previous Old Lady avatar credit to the Benevolent аshdenej.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalWashrag View Post

This is an excellent theory and I wholeheartedly subscribe to it. There may be no finer combination than Man-grit + Mail.
    VV Do it. VV

Not enjoyable as a person Doom Zero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlyn View Post
    That's how being a support works if it is a support class., You're just as important and strong, but just in a different capacity.

Also, I'm dumping a theory I had regarding Heir and Page in a spoiler for anyone who wants to prod it.

Great theory. Very well supported. 5/5 stars, would read again.

I have another piece of the puzzle to add to your theory, though.
    Your last line, "Maybe Page is the strongest class but requires the most work," correlates to something Tavros once said. Tavros, the page. He was describing the Lancer class in FLARP, saying that it was weak to begin with but with some work becomes one of the most powerful classes.
    I'm paraphrasing here, but I'm probably not too far off the real quote.

I think you're on to something, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlyn View Post
    And I guess no one saw or has anything to say about my theory on the last page. Lovely.
    http://i.imgur.com/rpITg.gifhttps://dl.dropbox.com/u/38437009/candycorn2.png

It makes me sad you support Jack killing PM. Why couldn't Dad and PM deliver mail together? Don't you think they look like the perfect couple?
    Folders and sigquotes below. Warning: This may cause brain damage. http://i.imgur.com/LltzU.pnghttp://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...gendercorn.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/b1RdM.gif

Pronouns
    she/her

It makes me sad you support Jack killing PM. Why couldn't Dad and PM deliver mail together? Don't you think they look like the perfect couple?
    Hmmm. Yes, that's okay. I guess one person delivering mail isn't terribly efficient, anyway.
    Okay so revised theory:
    Jack runs away.
    Dad and PM defeat Lord English with the power of mail.

Hmmm. Yes, that's okay. I guess one person delivering mail isn't terribly efficient, anyway.
    Okay so revised theory:
    Jack runs away.
    Dad and PM defeat Lord English with the power of mail.
    'Here's the mail, it never fails, here's the mail, it never fails'...it doesn't fail to kill Lord English either. My god, MW, we've found the perfect way to defeat Lord English.

Pronouns
    she/her

'Here's the mail, it never fails, here's the mail, it never fails'...it doesn't fail to kill Lord English either. My god, MW, we've found the perfect way to defeat Lord English.
    Homestuck is solved, everyone can go home now.
    Me and Storm won.

It actually occurs to me that LE would probably make an excellent postal carrier himself.

"How can you receive the mail...WHEN I'VE ALREADY DELIVERED IT?" /tiredoldjoke
    VV Do it. VV

Temporally/Spatially glitchy mail is the best weapon. Seriously, how did we not chance upon this sooner?

The answer was right there, and we've been blind fools for overlooking it.
    Chumhandle: haughtyCompatriot

Page 49 of 93 FirstFirst ... 394647484950515259 ... LastLast