MSPA Forums
Page 62 of 93 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 2322

Thread: Multisentence Comic Hiatus Extravaganza

Re: Multisentence Comic Hiatus Extravaganza

Quote Originally Posted by genteelGunslinger View Post
    Actually, I've met a lesbian couple. They are really nice people. Both are very good friends with my brother. So yes, I have no doubt that I've met a lesbian before, without ever realising it. Similar to the fact that one of my male friends recently came out as gay, which I had no clue as too this being the case. I've only known him for four years, but apparently he knew since grade 6.

So, yea. I guess I'll just sort of assume heterosexual until otherwise?
    I don't think I've ever knowingly met a homosexual couple. It isn't really the kind of thing that's safe to display in suburban Texas. Only person I know who I know for a fact is gay hits all of the flaming archetypes in the worst way; I swear, it's like he was put in my high school to make sure that we all ended up being homophobes like good southerners.

Witch of Heart/Thief of Fun Stormspirit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Zero View Post
    -snip-
    I-I was just joking, I swear! I would never do something like that. I would probably just brush it off and maybe push the guy away if he's being REALLY insistent about it. I would never kick anyone in the balls. Seriously.
    Folders and sigquotes below. Warning: This may cause brain damage. http://i.imgur.com/LltzU.pnghttp://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...gendercorn.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/b1RdM.gif

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I want you to know that being kicked in the nuts is probably the harshest thing you could do to any male ever. It is simply the most agonizing pain in the world. Without any overdramatization, let me outline the experience that a man will go through after being hit moderately hard between the legs.

First, very very sharp pain. Probably a bit of screaming or bemused panic.
    Then, weakness in legs as the pain-killers take effect. If there is no support nearby, the man will most likely drop to the ground.
    Following this, the male will regain a bit of composure. It usually doesn't help because almost every time, the pain will bring tears to his eyes. This is where most of the "what the fffuck"s occur. Note that he's still on the ground at this point, and might stay that way for anywhere from 5 seconds to 2 minutes.
    Next, the pain-killers wear off and the pain comes in full-force. There's pretty much no hope of regaining balance without support, and there is very little gain in trying to hide the pain. It won't work.
    Now, maybe 5 to 10 minutes later, the pain is still very prominent, and the male will probably be standing. He most likely won't sit down for a long while.

That's about the process. The pain is REALLY intense. Pretty much the worst thing you can do to a guy that he might recover from. But man, the male will probably THINK some damage has occurred, because for christs sake there's no reason for it to hurt that much if no injury was suffered, right?
    This is a very apt description, though I seem to remember my LP hurting more.

E: I'm remembering why I don't ever drink anything with caffeine. I really should be tired by now, but I'm bouncing off the walls buzzed. From half a can of coke.
    Last edited by User 18; 04-08-2012 at 11:57 PM.

Pronouns
    [other] (see signature)

I don't hit on people
    I don't talk to people, really
    I don't talk

I think it's generally best to constantly wonder if that thon likes thons or thons
    and if they are interested in you
    or if someone hates you
    that's a thing that can also be wondered about

kms, please no more swigfttis
    my signature
    it's full

Do you have what it takes to join my Fubuki Group

Hey guys what's the UK Google Doodle like today?

Because the US one owns, but often times the non-US ones own more.
    Pearofessional pear pun enthusiast. Formerly known as P_equals_NP. Ducko on TFM.
    My Tumblr Where I gush all about my worst favorite kids cartoon shows. (I'm awful)
    My DeviantArt Where I draw things of questionable artistic value.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by P_equals_NP View Post
    Hey guys what's the UK Google Doodle like today?

Because the US one owns, but often times the non-US ones own more.
    I'm seeing the same doodle everywhere I look.

Pronouns
    [any]

Eh, it would come down to

So, what I'm getting from this thread is that people on the forum are real people with real likes and dislikes, which include different sexual tastes, and thats ok with me, also the thread gives me cause to ruminate on my lack of really caring about the whole male/female liking thing, and to remember the various people i have known that have colored my perceptive on homosexual people, which pretty much boils down to 'People are people, and I'm okay with this.,
    The Great GigaPause Homestuck Reread and Discussion
    *If you want to add me on Skype, please send me a PM first. I'm not so good with names I don't recognize*
    (rest of my Sig under the cut)

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

So guess who's rewriting a canto of Dante's Inferno with Hussie as the guide?

This user.

Also I'm putting No-Face from Spirited Away in it.

This is in no way relevant to lesbians.

And I know I said I was leaving but DAMN IT STOP BEING DISTRACTING.

Also I never hit on anyone. No one ever hits on me. I'm pretty much okay with this.

Also if someone is gay, it's like. Whatever. One of the perks to being biromantic, I guess? Not caring about that kind of thing, I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Everanix View Post

This user.

Oh goddamnit, you magnificent bastard. That is simply the greatest idea anyone could ever have. Also, seriously, don't ruin Inferno with more lesbians; there are already enough of them in the original version.
    Folders and sigquotes below. Warning: This may cause brain damage. http://i.imgur.com/LltzU.pnghttp://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...gendercorn.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/b1RdM.gif

Quote Originally Posted by P_equals_NP View Post
    Hey guys what's the UK Google Doodle like today? Because the US one owns, but often times the non-US ones own more.
    Google doodle here is for Eadweard J Muybridge's 182nd birthday, its an animation of a running horse. Google NZ for reference. Any reason you wanted the doodle info?

Pronouns
    [other] (see signature)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspirit View Post
    Oh goddamnit, you magnificent bastard. That is simply the greatest idea anyone could ever have. Also, seriously, don't ruin Inferno with more lesbians; there are already enough of them in the original version.
    I never actually read the Divine Comedy

Isn't there like a whole circle of hell for sexual deviants (which at the time would have included homosexuals)?

Quote Originally Posted by ArmsAreLoud View Post

Isn't there like a whole circle of hell for sexual deviants (which at the time would have included homosexuals)?
    Yes, Lust. And maybe a part of Greed, too. You should read it. It's a classic from Italian literature, and also probably the best story in the whole world.

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

This user.

And I know I said I was leaving but DAMN IT STOP BEING DISTRACTING.

Also I never hit on anyone. No one ever hits on me. I'm pretty much okay with this.

Also if someone is gay, it's like. Whatever. One of the perks to being biromantic, I guess? Not caring about that kind of thing, I mean.
    Uhm so I just got back from my weird four day vacation thing and I wanted to say
    yo SAME
    on the biromantic thing, not the dante's inferno thing.
    good luck on that, though.
    and by "that", i guess i mean on both things
    oh boy syntactic ambiguity

i'd also like to say that i expect nothing less than a 41.3 minute long hussie god tier flash after the puase, thankyouverymuch.

My Tumblr!

Maid of Space genteelGunslinger's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

I-I was just joking, I swear! I would never do something like that. I would probably just brush it off and maybe push the guy away if he's being REALLY insistent about it. I would never kick anyone in the balls. Seriously.
    Oh, thank god. Thank you. You have no idea just...how painful it really is. You are...well, I'm not sure if you are completely lucky, but this could happen AT ANY TIME.

I don't think I've ever knowingly met a homosexual couple. It isn't really the kind of thing that's safe to display in suburban Texas. Only person I know who I know for a fact is gay hits all of the flaming archetypes in the worst way; I swear, it's like he was put in my high school to make sure that we all ended up being homophobes like good southerners.
    Okay, listen to this. One day, I was talking to one lass about Kingdom Hearts. She is a massive fan of the series, and I really enjoyed it too. We simply sat and talked for a while about the game, and what I was missing out on because I lacked consoles for the new games, when suddenly one bloke walks over, and with a odd flick of the wrist, splayed his hand out in front of me, lifted his chin, gave a 'Mhmm' and walked off, swaying his hips. I literally had no idea what just happened, and simply looked at the person across from me in silence. We than went back to our conversation.

No, man, you see, that's the thing!
    I cannot pin down her sexuality at all! She's displayed interest in guys before, but she keeps saying that she's a lesbian. Furthermore, she keeps acting very sexually around me and other guys. I mean, she acts much more overt and obvious about it towards women, but it's still very unnerving when she... I guess flirts(?) with me. I pretty much cannot tell if she actually likes me or if she's just doing it to freak me out.

Also, clarification: I'm not actively or even passively flirting with her in anyway.

It's not like I'm terribly against SOME of her flirtation attempts, but when she's physical about it, it's a little weird. I wouldn't necessarily describe it as straight out sexual harassment, but it's really really strange to say the least. I really cannot even tell if she's interested in me.
    I think she's simply messing with your head for personal enjoyment, or she herself is incredibly confused, and not sure what she want. Of course, take my advice with a grain of the finest salt.

I want you to know that being kicked in the nuts is probably the harshest thing you could do to any male ever. It is simply the most agonizing pain in the world. Without any overdramatization, let me outline the experience that a man will go through after being hit moderately hard between the legs.

First, very very sharp pain. Probably a bit of screaming or bemused panic.
    Then, weakness in legs as the pain-killers take effect. If there is no support nearby, the man will most likely drop to the ground.
    Following this, the male will regain a bit of composure. It usually doesn't help because almost every time, the pain will bring tears to his eyes. This is where most of the "what the fffuck"s occur. Note that he's still on the ground at this point, and might stay that way for anywhere from 5 seconds to 2 minutes.
    Next, the pain-killers wear off and the pain comes in full-force. There's pretty much no hope of regaining balance without support, and there is very little gain in trying to hide the pain. It won't work.
    Now, maybe 5 to 10 minutes later, the pain is still very prominent, and the male will probably be standing. He most likely won't sit down for a long while.

That's about the process. The pain is REALLY intense. Pretty much the worst thing you can do to a guy that he might recover from. But man, the male will probably THINK some damage has occurred, because for christs sake there's no reason for it to hurt that much if no injury was suffered, right?
    This man speaks truth. Never do it. Not even to make a point. It's worse than simply hurting him. It's making him suffer unnecessarily. Unless you are in danger. Then, by all means, go for it. Otherwise, a different approach would be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by kmsumrall View Post
    I really, really should do a SWIGFTTI right now, shouldn't I?

It is really tempting.
    Oh, hey, what did you think of my SWIGFTTI?
    Last edited by genteelGunslinger; 04-09-2012 at 12:13 AM.
    To avoid confusion, but not by much ------>https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38437009/candycorn2.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/GoNVp.pnghttp://mspaforums.com/images/smilies/candycorn.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/w0AkI.gif 'should have', 'could have', 'might have', 'would have'. Hoo hoo hoo, mm.

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

There is a circle for eeeeeverything. But they're generally more broad than that. Except when they're not?

It's really just one long fanfiction. "I totally went to hell and got to hang out with my idol and all the people I hated were there because they suck" only much more poetic.

But yeah, there were some homosexuals there. But only males, I guess. He did have the decency to recognize one of them as a guy he respected and looked up to, but I guess that was just a way to out his friend?

There was an awkward day in my class where we reviewed that circle and my teacher and I were the only ones who knew what sodomy was

Yes, Lust. And maybe a part of Greed, too. You should read it. It's a classic from Italian literature, and also probably the best story in the whole world.
    I'm always wary of reading foreign language poetry. It just turns out awkward sounding when translated. Only exception I've read is a copy of The Metamorphoses my mom had to read for her mythology class in college. It's in iambic pentameter and it is so beautiful and I love it.

Pronouns
    [other] (see signature)

There was an awkward day in my class where we reviewed that circle and my teacher and I were the only ones who knew what sodomy was
    you should've just said "extreme buttsex"
    or "piledriving a dude into a folding table covered with anime dvds"

You know what's great?
    Voltaire.
    Voltaire is great.

Not enjoyable as a person Doom Zero's Avatar

No, that's a perk to being open-minded. You're sort of implying that there's some behavioural aspect to being accepting of people's preferences. There isn't.

See, I can be unnerved by homosexual displays, but that's because I feel uncomfortable around any sort of display of interest. Seriously, isn't everybody a little perturbed when there are two humans who are totally macking on eachother right in front of you? I don't claim to be "biromantic" or any such label because the only label that applies to me is "alabelist" or in other words, one who doesn't apply labels to themselves because that's a totally ridiculous thing to do.

But I digress. This isn't tumblr.

Let me conclude by saying that saying "I'm better than most people because I'm [made-up label]" is just ridiculous. Biromantic isn't a thing. In the end, all you're saying is that you're not homophobic. C'mon. It's the difference between saying "I'm okay with people loving whoever they want to" and "I generally dislike homosexuals who date in public." One is commendable and the other is incredibly inflammatory.
    http://i.imgur.com/rpITg.gifhttps://dl.dropbox.com/u/38437009/candycorn2.png

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    you should've just said "extreme buttsex"
    or "piledriving a dude into a folding table covered with anime dvds"

You know what's great?
    Voltaire.
    Voltaire is great.
    Voltaire is great and there was no greater satirist until Mark Twain.

Pronouns
    [any]

It was fun, you took a more straight track than I have done. I liked it. Anyways, you lose points for it not being a hugeass run on sentence.

Also, I have seen Dali's lithographs of the Divine Comedy in person.
    The Great GigaPause Homestuck Reread and Discussion
    *If you want to add me on Skype, please send me a PM first. I'm not so good with names I don't recognize*
    (rest of my Sig under the cut)

I think he said something along the lines of 'wow, my SWIGFTTI will be probably not as good'.

There is a circle for eeeeeverything. But they're generally more broad than that. Except when they're not?

It's really just one long fanfiction. "I totally went to hell and got to hang out with my idol and all the people I hated were there because they suck" only much more poetic.

But yeah, there were some homosexuals there. But only males, I guess. He did have the decency to recognize one of them as a guy he respected and looked up to, but I guess that was just a way to out his friend?

Not really for everything, though. I mean, there are nine circles, but each contains several kinds of crimes. Also, they were girls in the circle of Lust, and they weren't really chaste, if you ask me. It's simply not as widely talked as homosexuality with men, because it was much more of a crime against the Holy Church.

Tl;dr: Everything that was considered a crime against the church is part of Inferno.
    Last edited by Stormspirit; 04-09-2012 at 12:19 AM.

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

No, that's a perk to being open-minded. You're sort of implying that there's some behavioural aspect to being accepting of people's preferences. There isn't.

See, I can be unnerved by homosexual displays, but that's because I feel uncomfortable around any sort of display of interest. Seriously, isn't everybody a little perturbed when there are two humans who are totally macking on eachother right in front of you? I don't claim to be "biromantic" or any such label because the only label that applies to me is "alabelist" or in other words, one who doesn't apply labels to themselves because that's a totally ridiculous thing to do.

But I digress. This isn't tumblr.

Let me conclude by saying that saying "I'm better than most people because I'm [made-up label]" is just ridiculous. Biromantic isn't a thing. In the end, all you're saying is that you're not homophobic. C'mon. It's the difference between saying "I'm okay with people loving whoever they want to" and "I generally dislike homosexuals who date in public." One is commendable and the other is incredibly inflammatory.
    Woah woah woah.

I do not think I'm better than anybody else at anything ever. Really. I never mean to sound stuck up or superior unless I'm being sarcastic.

I'm sorry. Really, that's not what I meant.

But being biromantic is a thing. I'm sorry if it's not your thing, but it's the only way I know to convey that I'm an asexual romantic who doesn't care about gender when it comes to romantic relationships.

If you can think of a better way to say that without writing an entire paragraph no one wants to read, I'm all ears.

But that's really not how I meant it. Please don't think I'm a jerk. I really wasn't trying to be.

Not enjoyable as a person Doom Zero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Also Gold Pilot is probably my favourite Homestuck song
    ever
    I really wish the guy who wrote it would open asks so I could be all "CAN I TOUCH YOUR CAFE" at him.
    Oh man, Gold Pilot is great.
    Olive Scribe is also really really good. The sort of metal sounds combined with the strings, oh man. Such great stuff. There aren't many songs on the album that I can honestly pick out as bad. Except maybe two of the Additional Mayhem songs and Tavros's song.
    http://i.imgur.com/rpITg.gifhttps://dl.dropbox.com/u/38437009/candycorn2.png

RANDOM FACTS WITH ARMS: In the middle ages many people believed that you could catch an STD by thinking dirty thoughts about a woman. I suspect that many a man tried to get out of getting in trouble with his wife for being diagnosed with syphilis.

"I only got it because I was thinking about you, honey!"