MSPA Forums
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Thread: SBurb Strife Simulator (Free sprite resource!)

Pronouns
    ze/hir/hirs

Re: SBurb Strife Simulator (Flash Game, Need Sprite + Stage Help!)

I haven't tried to do sprite work quite as complex as this before and I can't begin until Wednsday, but I am willing to take a crack at Kanaya. I think given her low priority the time frame shouldn't be an issue.

Wiggler

so how many weapons will kanaya have seeing as she has only ever used the lipstick chainsaw

Quote Originally Posted by xmasskills View Post
    so how many weapons will kanaya have seeing as she has only ever used the lipstick chainsaw
    She's used a bunch of other chainsaws. I think it might have been the Make Her Pay flash we first saw them? Then we saw them again in one of the walk-arounds with Terezi.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashred View Post
    AlterniaBound
    Awesome, might include in the next update

Quote Originally Posted by Moldova in Eurovision 2011 View Post
    I don't see why there can't be sloped floors...
    I'm not a bad enough dude to program it. When the characters attack, they can move forward on the x axis enough to take them off the ground, which messes with their current state and cancels the attack. I do have a snap-to-ground thing in place to some extent, but it isn't enough for slopes.

However, I could make slopes that you could slide down (And not attack on), if you wanted to include that in something...

Quote Originally Posted by reaver View Post
    So, why do some of the unfinished characters have a question mark after their "in progress" state thing? Because, I'd like to do Jake, so, if someone dropped the ball on that I'd gladly dive for aforesaid ball.
    Question mark means it's been called, but it's been quite some time since I've last heard from the claimer. So I guess it would be safe to say you can go ahead and work on Jake if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Diin View Post
    Question mark means it's been called, but it's been quite some time since I've last heard from the claimer. So I guess it would be safe to say you can go ahead and work on Jake if you like
    I'm glad you said that, because, I totally haven't been working on a Jake sprite sheet all day or anything, hehehe... >_>

Pronouns
    ze/hir/hirs

Quote Originally Posted by FowlJ View Post
    She's used a bunch of other chainsaws. I think it might have been the Make Her Pay flash we first saw them? Then we saw them again in one of the walk-arounds with Terezi.
    I know she had at least one other chainsaw presumably alchemized from her old one and the matriorb. It's name escapes me at the moment but it's design was created by a forum member I think.

Also I don't like this idea too much but you could potentially seperate the chainsaw and the lipstick if it became too much of an issue. Not sure how effective lipstick would do in combat though.

Some characters might just be limited to one or two weapons \o/

Alternia stage background is finally finished!

(click for full size!)

platforms to come, although it may work just as well as-is?

edit- yeah it's too backgroundy for no platforms. I'll get those up soonish hopefully
    Last edited by xqz; 04-28-2012 at 03:07 PM.
    ---

Pronouns
    ze/hir/hirs

Some characters might just be limited to one or two weapons \o/
    It is fairly balanced given that she has around 8 different costumes to work on. >_>

I may end up doing 5.
    Regular Kanaya
    Prospit Kanaya
    Some Alternative Outfit?
    Rainbow Drinker (Wounded)
    Rainbow Drinker (Red Dress)

Even that is quite ambitious for me though so I will probably leave out the alternative outfit.

Oh man, apparently an admin edited in a little banner thing on the OP. Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by xqz View Post
    Alternia stage background is finally finished!
    edit- yeah it's too backgroundy for no platforms. I'll get those up soonish hopefully
    Oh hell yes. Awesome job on that, I'll put it in as soon as you finish the platforms! It really gives me an incentive to work on parallax scrolling :P

Should have an update up hopefully by the end of the weekend. Haven't had too much chance to work on it a lot lately

Well, I'm going to delay work on John's House so I can finally get off my ass and get back to work on Jade's sheet. Expect some updates soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorIcePopCat View Post
    ... and get back to work on Jade's sheet.
    Yay Jade!

I basically just had one of those nights where I get a lot of shit done at once. Almost all of the checklist has been cleared, besides achievements and platform navigation (But both are fairly easy to implement; I'm saving achievements for the very end, because more than likely it'll be hardcoded, and as far as platform navigation goes, I don't have any platformed stages yet :P)

However, I don't want to update the demo yet, I really want to put a new stage in before that. I'm big on bloated changelogs that make it look like I'm doing a lot of things.

Ambassador to Angry Brits bloodyEmissary's Avatar

Is there any particular reason why God Tier John's hood is shorter than that of his canon sprite? Because if not, I could definitely work on that.
    3DS Friend Code: 3523-2221-1197
    http://i.imgur.com/C3AGU.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/m5jMs.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/1ADIO.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/XOIPW.png

Quote Originally Posted by bloodyEmissary View Post
    Is there any particular reason why God Tier John's hood is shorter than that of his canon sprite? Because if not, I could definitely work on that.
    Having a super long hood wouldn't animate well. :P

Ah, okay.

I messed around with John's God Tier outfit a little anyway; added short sleeved arms (because it does have short sleeves for some weird reason, unlike every single other outfit John has ever worn) and made two versions of his head with the hood down: one longer and pointed and the other shorter and rounded.
    The short sleeves were mostly made by cutting and pasting Sollux's sleeves, then tweaking a few of them slightly.

I will do some actual work on an unfinished outfit at some point, I promise
    http://i.imgur.com/C3AGU.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/m5jMs.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/1ADIO.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/XOIPW.png

Pronouns
    thon

Here is the draft > http://www.flickr.com/photos/79611807@N07/7125991847/ started with John's room... it wasn't on the to do list, though the house was. I hope it's okay anyways. But I was thinking, should I have it post or pre imps? (Pre being completely normal while post being destroyed and stuff)
    EDIT: Okay, I got the rough rough draft. But it sucks horribly. I think someone else needs to finish it.
    Last edited by chezrush; 04-30-2012 at 09:41 PM. Reason: doesn't work.
    please all the biatches stick to me like a magnet

Also your pesterchum name would be swordKrack if your computer didnt spontaneously break. Avatar by gifmovie.tumblr.com

Aww dude this is freaking awesome! I played it and I was amazed at how well it was developed! Great job!

Alright, I figure I've been making you guys wait long enough, so have an update! (As always, check the changelog.) Nearly everything fighting-wise is finished, from this point I can just add whatever achievements at whatever time. What this means is it may almost be time for me to go into zombie mode for the next however long putting in all the characters and outfits and weapons and stages.

You'll notice that there's a Challenges tab now; this will be worked on very last, meaning that when I finish making Challenges, I'll consider the game complete. Not sure how many updates you'll be seeing from this point on, though I may release a couple characters/stages early! (I don't want to update everything I do as I go along, otherwise what would be the point of playing the finished game? :P)
    Last edited by Diin; 04-30-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Alright, I figure I've been making you guys wait long enough, so have an update! (As always, check the changelog.) Nearly everything fighting-wise is finished, from this point I can just add whatever achievements at whatever time. What this means is it may almost be time for me to go into zombie mode for the next however long putting in all the characters and outfits and weapons and stages.

You'll notice that there's a Challenges tab now; this will be worked on very last, meaning that when I finish making Challenges, I'll consider the game complete. Not sure how many updates you'll be seeing from this point on, though I may release a couple characters/stages early! (I don't want to update everything I do as I go along, otherwise what would be the point of playing the finished game? :P)
    Awesome, just tried the new update. The only thing is, John is still overpowered compared to Dave. I was on normal and I had Dave's best weapon against basic John, and he won. I tried it the other way around with me being basic John fighting the powerful Dave, and I won.

Pronouns
    ze/hir/hirs

I really love the idea of using apple juice for Dave's special

Question: Will the side specials remain as generic strong attacks for every character, or will they be made unique as well?

Land of Rain and Public Transportation (Portland, OR)

I added got tiger(dead) to karkat's sheet, and made the background more contrasting with the white of the dream outfits.

this took way to much effort

Yaaaaaaaay, new stuff.

The new hoodsprite doesn't seem to be showing up on the character select screen, but it is used during the fight if you select the GT outfit.

Conqueror of Tiny Nations Staff Deployment's Avatar

AW YEAH BITCHES
    i hope the update is for some ponography

Quote Originally Posted by ds1210 View Post
    I added got tiger(dead) to karkat's sheet, and made the background more contrasting with the white of the dream outfits.

this took way to much effort
    dude dude you forgot the intermediate between left foot step and right foot step
    (it's exactly the same as standing, but his cape is flapping)
    (this is very important because you don't want his cape to be smashing the ground fervently as he walks)

Awesome, just tried the new update. The only thing is, John is still overpowered compared to Dave.
    That's odd. Their base damages are basically the same, and to be honest I think I do better playing as Dave than I do John :P

I added got tiger(dead) to karkat's sheet
    Aw hells yes, thanks!

Question: Will the side specials remain as generic strong attacks for every character, or will they be made unique as well?
    No, they'll be a bit more special for the other characters, I just got exceedingly lazy on John and Dave. :P

The new hoodsprite doesn't seem to be showing up on the character select screen, but it is used during the fight if you select the GT outfit.
    Yeah, the preview graphic is seperate from the fighting sprites, though I figured having a hood-up sprite for the preview was fine as is
    Last edited by Diin; 05-01-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast