MSPA Forums
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Campfire Catastrophe

perpetuallySilly on Pesterchum MathGirl277's Avatar
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Re: Campfire Catastrophe SUDDEN DEATH!!!!!!

I realize I'm like 5xposting, but if you want, I'll post the original latin. Typos and all. If you know latin, it might be more understandable. If you don't, then... there's still hope.

ENM you are once again doing that thing where you respond to the 10% of my post it is in your convenience to respond to and ignore the rest.

Seastorm I have campaigned enough already, exactly 0 damns were given. I feel like I'm wasting my efforts here.
    You know what, ENM is at least posting. Posts that feature some pretty stupid logic, but still posts.
    TSE is turbolurking and that is unacceptable, and much worse.
    Vote: TS Eliot

perpetuallySilly on Pesterchum MathGirl277's Avatar
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

MathGirl has not yet read/noted down D2.
    and also, we only have 7.5 HOURS REMAINING.

Sooo, content of this post:

Quote Originally Posted by MathGirl277 View Post
    TS is only responding now that there's a vote on him. Exactly the style of lurking I've come to expect from scum. Hnnnng.
    And

TS iam mori debet, et Vic cras mori debebit.
    I'll try and dig up the evidence for this, but really, his posts are as short as a growth-stunted inchworm.

Vote T.S. Eliot

Fakedit: Found some

All of his D1 posts have been pretty suspect and he was one of the biggest scumreads I had upon readthrough.
    Specifically this one.

It feels like he's just trying to avoid looking like he has any connections with any other players. Also, given that ALL PRIOR POSTS WERE FLUFFPOSTS, I honestly don't think that TS is very helpful to the town.

Vigilante of Vegatable Potato Panic's Avatar

Kay I am back!
    Let's do the thing where we catch up from when I last posted shall we?
    SPOILERED BECAUSE WALLS, BUT YOU SHOULD AT LEAST READ IT ONCE (Yeah, even you Tea) ((Some of this is varying levels of outdated))

Okay overall so pretty much would be alright with stabbing:
    TS Eliot
    ENM/Sotek

And here's people I'm not happy with but can push on tomorrow:
    Tea, I definitely want to push him tomorrow cause his participation today has just been ASTOUNDING really. (Apologies for the repetitive sarcasm, Tea, but I just can't help it.)
    ^^^^^Same with Inox. I don't think he's being terrible, he's pretty bloody safe, but that's not enough to make me want to kill him at the moment. From most of what I've heard, reasons for finding him suspicious are somewhere in between finding him safe and his lurking day 1. Which kind of makes me want to yell "POT KETTLE BLACK" at half the playerlist and also point out that that's not a direct scumtell in terms of gameplay and is easily just kind of a thing you can throw out there? I mean how easy is it to just go "Hey that one guy!!!!!!!! He doesn't say anything and when he does it's specifically something I can't use to attack him!!!!!!!! Goooooooooooo-"
    You get the idea.

I'm much cooler with a Vote: T.S.Eliot again because apparently he doesn't have the ability to do protown things that aren't defending himself after I unvoted and is still bandwagony and inconsistent when he /does/ post.

"What I say is that, if a fellow really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow."
    -A. A. Milne

Vote TS Elliot

The other three people on the Inox wagon are fairly scummy anyway.

That's H-1

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I'm pretty sure this day has been almost twice the length anyone expected it to be, why can't this happen to me in real life? An unexpected extra 24 hours in the day would be wonderful.
    RIGHT ANYWAY I still want to glare at InoxFy tomorrow but we aren't spending all that time and not lynching somebody and we've got whatever non specified short time left to get this one done.

While everyone's been lurking today TSE has managed to make a fantastic 11 posts over the entire game.
    He was apparently legitimately busy with life stuff day one which I gave him a bit of a pass for which he then managed to spoil with that spectacular end of day post (and I was one of only two people fast enough to reply to it )
    It is perhaps interesting to note that despite apparently being free from the shackles of whatever he was doing that day, his posts are exactly evenly split between days one and two (cutting out the "in" post to take it from 11 posts to 10). I would honestly still prefer killing people who are active-lurking (Hi Inox) to people who are lurker-lurking because it's easier to read them but let's face it, if you're posting as little as the day when you were legitimately busy that's probably not a good thing?
    Fortunately, the posts are at least better in content than yesterday's perpetual promises of content followed by disappointing end-of-day thing.

Two of those five posts are in rapid succession and could honestly be called one post if we're being brutally honest. It also came One day before the new deadline (which was then extended ad infinitum but he didn't know that was going to happen) which is frankly awful. Are you even playing this game?
    And then, to compound matters he didn't actually bother voting in it despite the closeness of deadline.
    And the post that was there was merely;
    An explanation for that last minute post that was basically just an excuse to say "I was going to do it but there was no point hammering with 30 minutes" if he flipped scum or say "I knew he was town!" if he flipped town, opting for the latter.
    Response to a question about Tea calling me scum (why are people still focusing on that by the way? Is it just to establish whether you think we're coaligned? Do you have strong scum/town reads on Tea? I really didn't think it was of that much consequence)
    aaaand promise of more stuff later. With reads even! Sounds like day one!

Was that promise fulfilled?
    Here's a spoiler: Nope. At no point has TSE posted his opinions on anyone not already being wagon-ed or that he was directly questioned about, despite being absent entirely for day one and people asking him to post reads. Despite promising that he would. How nice!

His reasoning for joining the Y_Not wagon was a mixture of "this guy is a jerk" (not a good reason) and "he's pushing hard on a guy I have a town read on" (which is less bad reasoning but it's not like town don't kill each other all the time anyway)
    The next post is a restatement of the above (except focusing exclusively on why Y_not being a jerk makes him scum) and restatement of the fact that end of day post was totally a town thing to do.
    His final post of the day is... that all over again.

Alright then.
    He's given opinions on a total of two people he wasn't voting for at the time (and barely expanded on them), done little but responded to questions, broken guarantees that "I'm totally going to post content later ok guys!" aaannd...
    He has voted twice in the entire game, and posted as many times today as he did yesterday when he was busy with exams despite the almost double length of today compared to most days.

I wasn't totally sold on the TSE wagon until I looked over his posts again (I really need to start rereading so often, I've been missing a lot this game) but unless whoever it just was that said we're at H-1 was wrong (I'm too lazy to check) I'm honestly pretty happy to Hammer: T S Eliot

Re: Campfire Catastrophe [Night 2] A Night Robbed by the Day

This is unrelated to the game, but I have suddenly taken a slight appreciation for latin.

*snrk*

What's a God to a Non-Believer Moderator Solaris's Avatar
    Pronouns
    they/them/theirs

Re: Campfire Catastrophe [Night 2] A Night Robbed by the Day

T.S. Eliot (7) (seastormjt, Paranoia, InoxFy, Pravi, Potato Panic, Mister Visceral, Jacquerel)

"Man, today is a bit weird, like, the sun doesn't look right..."
    "Dude, stop looking at the sun."
    "Bu-"
    "Dude. Seriously."

"OI, WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?"

"The Sun."

"That's stupid. Why would you do that?"

"It looks weird."

"Really? Huh..."

For most of the rest of the day, while people did their events as normal, hoping that the solarly distracted Nia would just stare at the Sun forever. They made totems and talked about stuff and gossiped and did all that sort of normal things, almost forgetting about their impending doom via crazy demon chick.

Almost.

The various children got their made totems together and stacked them up, though there were a few campers who didn't get to really participate. After some choices and debates, a few things were decided. After very intense debate, mr_y_not and Jacquerel were allowed to enter despite not having three heads. The multiple teams resulted in three totems, only one of which had as much heads as advertised.

After intense judging, based on how things meshed and turned out when connected, it was decided that when stacked together, the Paranoia-Sotek-Mister Visceral totem looked most like an actual totem pole. InoxFy-Potato Panic-seastormjt's was in second, and mr_y_not-Jacquerel's was thrid. SUCH LOSERS. As a result, the team of Paranoia, Sotek, Schazer, Mister Visceral team got the coveted Totem Patch.

"Hey, losers, the sun is gone who is coming with me?"

"..."

After a quick panic, the kids successfully tossed T.S. Eliot toward the direction of Nia and then the insane lady retreated to her cabin. They then went to T.S. Eliot's cabin.

T.S. Eliot was Chase Dribbler - Shoplifter.

A lot of the things in his cabin were nice. Like, really nice. Like, how the fuck did he buy this nice. After noticing various papers on ownership changing and re-acquirement, along with some on the theory of ownership and borrowing, the various kids sort of figured out why. You all remember that he was sort of why you had such a swanky place to camp at and along with all of this, it sort of makes sense that he was kind of... less than good at not stealing, or as he calls it borrowing without asking. Still, it seemed that there wasn't anything else out of the ordinary, and that there wasn't anything that bad...

He was a Town Patch Thief
    Each night, he could have picked a target and stolen a patch, then learned what the patch meant.
    He was a Scout Survivor who only wanted everything threatening him and his friends to go away.

With the sun setting and everything looking like it was going to be really fucking spooky, the kids dispersed.

NIGHT 2 START
    DEADLINE IN THREE DAYS, 14TH OF JUNE.

What's a God to a Non-Believer Moderator Solaris's Avatar
    Pronouns
    they/them/theirs

Re: Campfire Catastrophe [Day 3] Smile For the Camera!

As the long day moved on into the night, and that same night then became the day again, the various campers were not awoken by their own whims, but by a roar.

"WHO DID THIS!"

The campers got up and stuck their heads as their captor screamed and yelled for something that they had no idea what the fuck. With intense curiosity and fear they saw Nia break and stomp and yell at blinding speeds. Finally, she stopped for a moment to call attention to them.

"WHICH ONE OF YOU TOOK MY TOYS?"

Now that she was angry, the girl looked even more terrifying. Something about her just seemed off. None of them could really do anything except stare.

"Really? REALLY?"

She squinted, focusing her anger in an intense stare, taking out each camper one-by-one but eventually earning not even a scrap of information. Nia scowled, but moved on.

"Whatever, just... do your stupid thing."

As she went back to her post, the kids noticed that two of their number had left in the night and that one had returned.

MIRDINI HAS RETURNED.
    WHEN YOU ASKED HIM ABOUT IT HE SAID HE DIDN'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT WHY HE DIDN'T COME OUT YESTERDAY.

ON THE CONTRARY, PARANOIA'S CABIN IS EQUALLY NON-MOVING. YOU JUST ARE NOT GOING TO GET IN TO THERE AND HE ISN'T COMING OUT IF HE IS IN THERE AT ALL.

On the other hand, Jacquerel's cabin is just empty and he looks pretty gone. Bummer.

Jacquerel was Darrel Bascom - Photographer.

His cabin hides a collection of books about photography and stuff! There is also a bunch of pictures of all of your adventures as scouts... could it be that he was SPYING ON ALL OF YOU??? Yes, that had to be it, he was scoping you out, taking and collecting pictures of you all for his nefarious deeds!!! Oh no wait he was the League Historian. He was supposed to do that and also record what you did. As you talk a bit more, you remember that he also did this because he had a memory issue. Wow, that sure was off...

He was the Town Stripper Cop.
    Each night, he would have selected three people to visit and investigate. Due to a medley of shenanigans, he would have gotten one result from one of the three people. To aid him in being able to figure out who, just a little, he would drop a Record Patch, which would confirm that they were not the one checked in the night. At the end of the night, he would have gotten Innocent or Guilty.
    He was a Scout Survivor who only wanted everything threatening him and his friends to go away.

Wow, Double Bummer!

Oh but wait! Suddenly, the Totem from the previous day SPEAKS!!!

I, THE TOTEM, SAYS THAT INOXFY IS A THIRD PARTY. SO SAYS THE TOTEM.

DAY 3 START
    WITH 11 ALIVE, IT TAKES 6 TO LYNCH
    DEADLINE IS IN SIX DAYS, WEDNESDAY JUNE 20TH

Playing List
    01) Mirdini
    03) PotatoPanic
    04) seastormjt
    05) El Ninja Monkey
    06) InoxFy
    07) Sotek
    09) Schazer
    10) MisterVisceral
    12) mr_y_not
    14) A Killer Cuppa Tea
    16) Mathgirl277

Not Playing List
    11) LegendaryQ
    08) CuriousCat
    13) T.S. Eliot
    02) Jacquerel

15) Paranoia

And as usual, there was a slew of other events in the day...

THE BRONZE PATCH ELECTION

On the odd days of their plight, they would give out a Bronze Patch. With he vote of confidence from their friends, they could do whatever they would do in the night EXTRA WELL, essentially amplifying them! It could be saved up after being received and the election would be decided by plurality. They hoped that it would be enough of a benefit.

THE WILD PATCH COMPETITION

The third was had to do with an Arcade machine that had been found!!! With it, they would play a cool shoot-em-up game, Frantic 2! With only the HIGH SCORE PERSON taking the win!

The rules were that they would all play episode one on medium difficulty for the highest score! The presumably only winner would take home Blaster Patch! High scores are to be recorded in the thread, they should look like this. There are five levels to episode one and there isn't a weapons or strategy limit thing, just do what is fair!

With that, the day would truly begin.

:dafuq:

okay so uh.

hi inox. what kind of 3p are you. convince us not to make you all the deads.

aside from that uh let's see. ... all my scumreads are missing wat
    vote: Schazer.

Elect: Tea

Things have happened. Gief the patch.

Mirdini what happened to you the night you poofed.

The Eternal Derp El Ninja Monkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laset View Post
    This.

Also YEAH! FRANTIC! WOOHOO!

Now I sleep. See you tomorrow morning.

The Eternal Derp El Ninja Monkey's Avatar

This.

Also YEAH! FRANTIC! WOOHOO!

Now I sleep. See you tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by A Killer Cuppa Tea View Post
    Mirdini what happened to you the night you poofed.
    apparently I got locked into my cabin and couldn't get out for a day and a night. more nak when I don't have to go to work in 5 minutes and have properly re-read D2.

*shakefist* Curse you, you fruity pants-removing SoaB!!!

I'm the nice kind of 3rd party. I'm completely harmless, I just want as many patches as I can concievably get.
    If I'm understanding my role PM correctly, I win either if I acquire one of each metallic patch, or if acquire an appropriate number of unique patches.
    I know I probably reduced my chances of getting elected for the bronze patch to effectively 0% with that claim, so I guess I'll have to go kill some spaceships instead.

Either way I'm pretty much playing as town here until I achieve my wincon, so making me all the deads would be really uncool.

Vote Sotek

Elect Mister Visceral

For the good of all mankind.

oh for.
    are you joking. mv, do i know your role now? because if so you are derp

oh for.
    are you joking. mv, do i know your role now? because if so you are derp
    I'd like to see you guess! I wouldn't tell you if you got it right, but it'd be a fun game, wouldn't it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Visceral View Post
    I'd like to see you guess! I wouldn't tell you if you got it right, but it'd be a fun game, wouldn't it!
    What I'm saying is that I was visited in the night.
    By a derp. (or a scum - but if it was you, you're not scum, just a derp.)

I am pretty willing to support MV in this endeavour as soon as I learn what else is going on today.

Also I'd like a bronze please. It gives me the ability to give away a certain patch to whoever I want.
    Elect: Me

Quote Originally Posted by Mirdini View Post
    apparently I got locked into my cabin and couldn't get out for a day and a night. more nak when I don't have to go to work in 5 minutes and have properly re-read D2.
    Is that all that happened, flavourwise?

What I'm saying is that I was visited in the night.
    By a derp. (or a scum - but if it was you, you're not scum, just a derp.)
    1. I did not visit you
    2. I did not visit you

Also, Vic for prez.

Actually, I didn't visit anyone last night. o:

So by the sounds of it we have a jailer?

well, all I was told is that I was roleblocked.
    so. :v

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast