MSPA Forums
Page 95 of 100 FirstFirst ... 458592939495969798 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 2477

Thread: Jailbreak: Now In Colour!

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Re: Jailbreak: Now In Colour!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspirit View Post
    A little bit of all, I guess. Well, maybe not the 'violent murderer' part. Or the 'vampiric parasite'. I'd say she is more of a vigilante with a certain like for blood.
    Now that we're talking about this, do you guys think Kanaya can drink human blood?
    ...I would like her to be able to, if only because rosekanaya. But honestly I'm not sure? It depends on the mechanics behind blooddrinking I guess! What actual nutrients she gets from it and stuff.
    And how different troll blood is from human blood.

I would love to give super useful advice regarding Kanaya poems, but I don't think I have any to give. ):

Perhaps you can actually write a poem about how you find her difficult to pin down?

I would have no difficulty pinning her down or actually I would because I am not that type but still

That might help?

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Dmatix View Post
    Dave is a difficult character to understand, but that somehow makes him easy to write about. Kanaya has that amorphous quality to her that makes it difficult for me to pin her down- is she a mother figure? A vampiric parasite? A friend to all? A violent murderer? Or all of them?
    I'd say Kanaya is mostly a mother figure, a friend to most people, but violent if she gets angered.

And with that I'm going away from the computer for tonight. Byeeee

Uses Abbrvtns 2 Condescend u Ace of Dark-Hearts's Avatar
    Maybe in Connecticut, maybe in Ohio, maybe in Beijing??? (I'm trying to keep my location ambiguous.)

A little bit of all, I guess. Well, maybe not the 'violent murderer' part. Or the 'vampiric parasite'. I'd say she is more of a vigilante with a certain like for blood.
    Now that we're talking about this, do you guys think Kanaya can drink human blood?
    That's an interesting question.

What if Karkat's mutation is actually a helpful one that prevents Rainbow Drinkers from being able to drink his blood, like how Sickle Cell Anemia was an evolution against that one disease?

(This extends to humans as well, since they have his blood apparently.)
    My tumblr. Also here is my art and music blog. Check 'em out, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaperile View Post
    I'd say Kanaya is mostly a mother figure, a friend to most people, but violent if she gets angered.

And with that I'm going away from the computer for tonight. Byeeee
    A good mother rules with an iron fist.

But Kanaya just has regular flesh on her hand, so she makes do with a chainsaw.

Maybe in Connecticut, maybe in Ohio, maybe in Beijing??? (I'm trying to keep my location ambiguous.)

How does Kanaya's digestive system work with a hopesploded stomach

Quote Originally Posted by Ace of Dark-Hearts View Post
    What if Karkat's mutation is actually a helpful one that prevents Rainbow Drinkers from being able to drink his blood, like how Sickle Cell Anemia was an evolution against that one disease?)
    I think you are looking for malaria.
    ANd I think that human blood would be just as drinkable. Brown-red-syrup color totally fits into the rainbow somewhere.
    She is a vampire. Vampire digestive systems bypass the stomache all together and most digestion happens in the appendix. Why do you think we still have them?
    Do not even look in here it is a goshawful mess that I do not have the time or sanity to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous View Post
    I don't see why not. It would probably be an acquired taste, however.
    yeah, iron tastes kinda... bluh

humans probably have similar blood to Karkat though? or maybe trolls just have a large number of pigments present in the blood and aside from that its all the same

ahahaha I fell asleep at the computer again how silly of me

She did the Sylphy thing and fixed the Space that was located in her stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by Freack View Post
    I think you are looking for malaria.
    ANd I think that human blood would be just as drinkable. Brown-red-syrup color totally fits into the rainbow somewhere.
    No, only 100% saturated colors fit in the Rainbow (or whatever saturation the Trolls' blood color is), so in that case, Karkat's blood wouldn't fit into the Rainbow, per se.

Okay I'll admit I'm nit-picking at this point

She did the Sylphy thing and fixed the Space that was located in her stomach.
    That

Actually makes some sense

carry on then

Witch of Heart/Thief of Fun Stormspirit's Avatar

I don't see why not.

It would probably be an acquired taste, however.
    Yeah, I guess it would taste different from troll blood. I have to say I don't particularly dislike how blood taste, though. It's different for each person.

Can Kanaya drink human blood? I suppose that depends on which vampire lore you go by. Vampires can often drink animal blood, so I guess there's no reason Kanaya can't drink human blood.
    Well, that's one point I was going with, since there doesn't really seems to have anything separating vampires and rainbow drinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by avolitionalArtisan View Post
    ...I would like her to be able to, if only because rosekanaya. But honestly I'm not sure? It depends on the mechanics behind blooddrinking I guess! What actual nutrients she gets from it and stuff.
    And how different troll blood is from human blood.
    Yes, of course RoseKan comes into the equation. I'm sure Rose is sort of masochistic for that stuff.
    I'm guessing that it works in a similar way to vampires, which means that it's basically the only thing they can eat/drink. Can Kanaya eat other food? Maybe.

That's an interesting question.

What if Karkat's mutation is actually a helpful one that prevents Rainbow Drinkers from being able to drink his blood, like how Sickle Cell Anemia was an evolution against that one disease?

(This extends to humans as well, since they have his blood apparently.)
    Karkat's blood is not the same as human blood, though. It simply has the same color and shade, but I don't think they are that similar in composition.
    Folders and sigquotes below. Warning: This may cause brain damage. http://i.imgur.com/LltzU.pnghttp://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...gendercorn.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/b1RdM.gif

Quote Originally Posted by recalcitrantIre View Post
    yeah, iron tastes kinda... bluh

humans probably have similar blood to Karkat though? or maybe trolls just have a large number of pigments present in the blood and aside from that its all the same

ahahaha I fell asleep at the computer again how silly of me
    Man dude chap I always loved the taste of blood - if only for the iron! I fondly remember many a day in the blood bank.

I guess that Karkat might be albino analogous but that seems a little tired to me.

Dersepitians seem to have it made in a null session, frankly. Not much to do - especially when your ruler hasn't been usurped.

No, only 100% saturated colors fit in the Rainbow (or whatever saturation the Trolls' blood color is), so in that case, Karkat's blood wouldn't fit into the Rainbow, per se. Okay I'll admit I'm nit-picking at this point
    #ff0000 is 100% saturated so it still fits

you're really bad at nitpicking

Karkat's blood is not the same as human blood, though. It simply has the same color and shade, but I don't think they are that similar in composition.
    Are you assuming, or is this stated in the comic?

Because I wouldn't write off the possibility so quickly seeing that he created their universe, caused the mutation, and was a hero of blood.

Quote Originally Posted by recalcitrantIre View Post
    #ff0000 is 100% saturated so it still fits

you're really bad at nitpicking
    No, I mean the saturation that all of the Trolls' blood colors are at. THAT rainbow; Karkat's blood color doesn't fit in that one.

That

Actually makes some sense

carry on then
    Everything I say makes sense!

It's practically all I ever do, make perfect sense and totally never make shit up.

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Yes, of course RoseKan comes into the equation. I'm sure Rose is sort of masochistic for that stuff.
    I'm guessing that it works in a similar way to vampires, which means that it's basically the only thing they can eat/drink. Can Kanaya eat other food? Maybe.

I think she can eat other things. *wonk*

It would actually not be too strange if Karkat's blood was similar to human blood, I think? It seems like humanity is based off him.
    I guess it would not really make much sense since they're not even mammals though.

...I... think it's different, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by ashdenej View Post
    Dersepitians seem to have it made in a null session, frankly. Not much to do - especially when your ruler hasn't been usurped.
    Well, according to NAnasprite, they are always destined to win anyways.

Then again, we see fairly little of the actual fight between the two sides. In one all the pawns banded together (which I would calla draw) and I do not recall what happened to the chess people in the troll universe, but it must have happened in such a way that Derse won because nearly everything went exactly as planned in that case. Except for the Bec Noir and stuff.
    Do not even look in here it is a goshawful mess that I do not have the time or sanity to deal with.

Are you assuming, or is this stated in the comic?

Because I wouldn't write off the possibility so quickly seeing that he created their universe, caused the mutation, and was a hero of blood.
    Only assumptions. I'm not pushing it aside, it simply seems weird for humans to have the exact same blood composition as an entirely different species.

I think she can eat other things. *wonk*
    Oh god, aA. Wow. That's...wow. I didn't thought someone would ever say that. *doublepistolsandawink*
    Though, I do believe she can eat normal food beside blood. That would be impractical, since that would mean a rainbow drinker would die horribly fast, what with the limited number of trolls.
    Last edited by Stormspirit; 05-04-2012 at 03:28 PM.
    Folders and sigquotes below. Warning: This may cause brain damage. http://i.imgur.com/LltzU.pnghttp://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...gendercorn.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/b1RdM.gif

Dave offered Kanaya coffee, so presumably she can drink that at least.
    And if she can drink coffee it's not much of a stretch to assume she can consume normal troll food.

Only assumptions. I'm not pushing it aside, it simply seems weird for humans to have the exact same blood composition as an entirely different species.
    Yeah but, how different are they really. I mean, if they created out universe, and the stars in our sky in their own image, why not have oddly similar biology?

I mean, if we both have cotton candy and myths about a hooded Death figure.

Dave offered Kanaya coffee, so presumably she can drink that at least.
    And if she can drink coffee it's not much of a stretch to assume she can consume normal troll food.
    Then again, she did refuse. Perhaps he was just being polite. Then again, that does not seem like the Dave way of doing things.

I do not even know what side I am on in this thing.

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Agreed. I was never very good at biology, but I think whatever kind of animal trolls are (some sort of insect?), they probably have different blood than mammals do.

Oh god, aA. Wow. That's...wow. I didn't thought someone would ever say that. *doublepistolsandawink*
    ...*blushes and hides*

I did not actually mean for anyone to see that
    Or I guess I did but I didn't
    ...Why am I so conflicted about my attempts at innuendo

Pronouns
    [other] (see signature)

I'd like to see Keats writing about one.
    Keats is overrated. Go with Shelley.

Anyway if you're looking for Sadstuck Kanaya, think about how her destiny was denied by a rowdy scientist, and how she abandoned her long crush on Vriska and later found her dead, and how Rose is her first really stable relationship member. And how fucking happy she is now.
    Think about how so many of her friends died, and how she futilely tried to save them. How angry she was upon revival.
    She's a support character, and she didn't manage to support.

also she killed Eridan
    that's hella reason for self-hate

I like the taste of blood
    Shia LeBeouf
    come ON ash we are already talking about Homestuck!

Yeah but, how different are they really. I mean, if they created out universe, and the stars in our sky in their own image, why not have oddly similar biology?

I mean, if we both have cotton candy and myths about a hooded Death figure.
    Because the trolls are insects? The humans are mammals. That's a really big difference.

And Dave said it: a myth about a hooded Death figure is practically the most unimaginative idea anyone could ever get. No wonder almost everyone has such a myth.

...*blushes and hides*

I did not actually mean for anyone to see that
    Or I guess I did but I didn't
    ...Why am I so conflicted about my attempts at innuendo
    It's really funny. We always make that kind of joke around here. I was legitimately laughing. Innuendo is great.
    Last edited by Stormspirit; 05-04-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Then again, she did refuse. Perhaps he was just being polite. Then again, that does not seem like the Dave way of doing things.

I do not even know what side I am on in this thing.
    Of course Dave was polite.
    But he's not really the type to do something that's that pointless.

All he really did was offer her coffee while he was getting some for Rose and himself.
    What would be the point in asking her if he knew she couldn't drink it?

Because the trolls are insects? The humans are mammals. That's a really big difference.

And Dave said it: a myth about a hooded Death figure is practically the most unimaginative idea anyone could ever get. No wonder almost everyone has such a myth.
    I really don't see how it's that far fetched.

I mean, it's heavily implied that Karkat is the whole reason that humans have red blood. That's like saying that the fanartists are ridiculous for giving the trolls noses. I mean, insects don't have those????????

I think it would make lots of sense if Karkat's blood ordeal was passed along to the humans.

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

The only thing about Karkat's blood that was passed down may be the colour, though.
    Then again, considering it is already implied that SBURB kind of based the new universe's intelligent species on Karkat, he - and thus trolls, since all his mutation does is turn jade into red, yes? - may actually have had human blood.

It's really funny. We always make that kind of joke around here. I was legitimately laughing. Innuendo is great.
    I was worried I was breaking a rule. ^^; Good!

Also, I will quote Wikipedia's page on blood:

Insects and some mollusks use a fluid called hemolymph instead of blood, the difference being that hemolymph is not contained in a closed circulatory system. In most insects, this "blood" does not contain oxygen-carrying molecules such as hemoglobin because their bodies are small enough for their tracheal system to suffice for supplying oxygen.
    The fact that trolls refer to blood as blood might mean that they actually have blood and this does not apply to them though.
    I also think the conversation Kanaya has with Feferi about a cardiovascular system or something I'm sorry I don't remember the exact wording might disprove this.