MSPA Forums
Page 96 of 100 FirstFirst ... 468693949596979899 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2477

Thread: Jailbreak: Now In Colour!

Witch of Heart/Thief of Fun Stormspirit's Avatar

Re: Jailbreak: Now In Colour!

Quote Originally Posted by Ace of Dark-Hearts View Post
    I really don't see how it's that far fetched.

I mean, it's heavily implied that Karkat is the whole reason that humans have red blood. That's like saying that the fanartists are ridiculous for giving the trolls noses. I mean, insects don't have those????????

I think it would make lots of sense if Karkat's blood ordeal was passed along to the humans.
    I'm not saying it's farfetched, and neither am I saying anything about how it isn't probable. I am only saying that it's also a possibility that Karkat's blood is not the same as the humans'.

Quote Originally Posted by avolitionalArtisan View Post
    I was worried I was breaking a rule. ^^; Good!
    aA, I had an avatar with Rose and Kanaya making out like no tomorrow. Innuendo is pretty common around here, no worries.
    Folders and sigquotes below. Warning: This may cause brain damage. http://i.imgur.com/LltzU.pnghttp://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...gendercorn.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/b1RdM.gif

Uses Abbrvtns 2 Condescend u Ace of Dark-Hearts's Avatar
    Maybe in Connecticut, maybe in Ohio, maybe in Beijing??? (I'm trying to keep my location ambiguous.)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspirit View Post
    I'm not saying it's farfetched, and neither am I saying anything about how it isn't probable. I am only saying that it's also a possibility that Karkat's blood is not the same as the humans'.
    Whoops I argued

But yeah okay I respect that

aA, I had an avatar with Rose and Kanaya making out like no tomorrow. Innuendo is pretty common around here, no worries.
    I'd be worried if there wasn't innuendo in the Comic Discussion.
    My tumblr. Also here is my art and music blog. Check 'em out, maybe?

Pronouns
    [other] (see signature)

Agreed. I was never very good at biology, but I think whatever kind of animal trolls are (some sort of insect?), they probably have different blood than mammals do.
    Insects have hemolymph!
    It's really cool and sometimes green.

Also, the trolls have ASPECTS of insectoid biology. But their joints are also oddly human and they SOMEHOW manage to not asphyxiate so their circulatory system is probably closer to mammals.
    They use the Mother Grub for reproduction, but I'm fairly certain we have no confirmation that they're the same species.
    I sort of read Orson Scott Card's Lusitania a while back maybe.

I was worried I was breaking a rule. ^^; Good!
    Also, I will quote Wikipedia's page on blood:
    The fact that trolls refer to blood as blood might mean that they actually have blood and this does not apply to them though.
    Trolls are a comparable size to humans so they probably would need oxygen-carrying molecules in their blood
    I'm assuming they run on oxygen as well because nobody has asphyxiated due to incompatibility with atmospheres which would happen if trolls breathed a different mix of air

if anything we'd be closer to Aradia's
    rust is basically where our dark red blood colour comes from

Maybe in Connecticut, maybe in Ohio, maybe in Beijing??? (I'm trying to keep my location ambiguous.)

Quote Originally Posted by recalcitrantIre View Post
    Trolls are a comparable size to humans so they probably would need oxygen-carrying molecules in their blood
    I'm assuming they run on oxygen as well because nobody has asphyxiated due to incompatibility with atmospheres which would happen if trolls breathed a different mix of air
    The Trolls are obviously plants come on

I mean, how else would the Kids on the meteor be breathing in the depths of space(/the furthest ring)????????

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

if anything we'd be closer to Aradia's
    rust is basically where our dark red blood colour comes from
    Okay, that makes sense! In that case, troll blood probably -is- pretty close to human blood, I guess?
    Also, really? So... our blood is red because it's rusty?
    Will my blood turn chrome if I imbibe lots of cola? This is not a serious question

I shall be sure to not be shy about it in the future, then.

I'm not sure kissing and references to eating things are really the same thing. >_>

Me too. It would get a little boring after a while. Imagine if we were only talking about the comic, all the time, without our little ventures into innuendo and lesbians.

The trolls never breathed oxygen, though. Or...at least, we have no way to say. Does the meteor regulate a ventilation system? Does it have its own atmosphere?

Will my blood turn chrome if I imbibe lots of cola? This is not a serious question
    Your skin might turn orange if you eat a lot of carrots, though. No, seriously.

I shall be sure to not be shy about it in the future, then.
    Yeeeees, more people always mean more fun. Wait...

I'm not sure kissing and references to eating things are really the same thing. >_>
    It sure goes the same way in the end, though. (see, see that? I always do that)
    Last edited by Stormspirit; 05-04-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    Folders and sigquotes below. Warning: This may cause brain damage. http://i.imgur.com/LltzU.pnghttp://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...gendercorn.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/b1RdM.gif

The trolls never breathed oxygen, though. Or...at least, we have no way to say. Does the meteor regulate a ventilation system? Does it have its own atmosphere?
    They are plants, I say!

Plaaaaaaaaants

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

If it doesn;t somehow have an atmosphere, wouldn't Rose and Dave have died when they got there? Unless god tier means you are suddenly immune to asphyxiation.

Oh goodness imagine being god tier and dying from being thrown into space
    and then getting resurrected regularly because asphyxiation is not heroic nor just
    and it just keeps happening

Your skin might turn orange if you eat a lot of carrots, though. No, seriously.

It sure goes the same way in the end, though. (see, see that? I always do that)
    I actually knew about that! Doesn't it also turn blueish if you have a silver-rich diet?

I need to figure out how to use that smiley. *digs through smiley tab*

EDIT: nevermind I can just type it.

The Trolls are obviously plants come on
    I mean, how else would the Kids on the meteor be breathing in the depths of space(/the furthest ring)????????
    as if you didn't know the answer already

I'm pretty sure it also mentions somewhere that the Incipisphere has air in it, even between the planets and stuff?

Me too. It would get a little boring after a while. Imagine if we were only talking about the comic, all the time, without our little ventures into innuendo and lesbians.

I think it was stated the medium space, as well as the furtherset ring, all have breathable air. This includes the veil as well as the space between planets.
    My Fanfic: Last Journey of the Knight of Sands, a tale of memory and loss.
    MSPA Character Poetry:

Ash would be so pleased with us. Even if we could manage for a day.

Unlikely though. And now that I have an entire page done, hows about we compare another thing. Chess-people biology. From the sounds of it, we imagine trolls as somewhere in between them and us.

and then getting ressurected regularly because asphyxiation is not heroic nor just
    That happened to Jack HArkness once. It was awful.

And I would totally buy trolls breathing in Carbon Dioxide and breathing out oxygen. Because then the meteor would be a closes system and everyone could breath forever happily.
    Last edited by Freack; 05-04-2012 at 02:50 PM.
    Do not even look in here it is a goshawful mess that I do not have the time or sanity to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Freack View Post

Unlikely though. And now that I have an entire page done, hows about we compare another thing. Chess-people biology. From the sounds of it, we imagine trolls as somewhere in between them and us.
    Carapaces are just shells full of blood and I refuse to believe anything else

they run on magic and stabs
    ---

Rogue of SPACE!/Witch of Blood Daniel990's Avatar
    Pronouns
    [any]

They are plants, I say!

Plaaaaaaaaants
    Of course they are not plants, this theory makes no sense at all, you should be ashamed for making such a dumb theory, Timmay.
    fitter happier more productive

Pronouns
    [other] (see signature)

have some bloodswap

Anyway HIGHLY REGARDED EXPERTS agree that a macroscopic species that doesn't use oxygen for metabolism and stuff is pretty unlikely.

At least, that chlorine-breathing aliens are VERY IMPROBABLE.

Which wasn't what you were saying but I had to get it out there.

I personally hope that trolls don't have bones
    for the lels
    (also it explains why we don't see bones when people get shot through the stomach and stuff)
    (also carapacians don't have bones either they have EXOSKELETONS i.e. HB doesn't have vertebrae which is why we don't see them)

If it doesn;t somehow have an atmosphere, wouldn't Rose and Dave have died when they got there? Unless god tier means you are suddenly immune to asphyxiation.

and then getting ressurected regularly because asphyxiation is not heroic nor just
    I always wondered if something similar happened to Rose and Dave while they were ascending. They were stuck in the Green Sun. Imagine, being ripped apart millions of time in the explosion of a sun the size of two universes. Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmatix View Post
    I think it was stated the medium space, as well as the furtherset ring, all have breathable air. This includes the veil as well as the space between planets.
    Yeah, I guess that make sense. It would be weird for all that space to be completely devoid of air while it's a place players can easily reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel990 View Post
    Of course they are not plants, this theory makes no sense at all, you should be ashamed for making such a dumb theory, Timmay.
    Don't be silly, it makes all of the sense. There is an infinite amount of sense. Every single sent

The trolls take in the Kids CO2 while emitting O2, then the Kids take in the O2 and emit CO2, ad infinitum.

See? All of the sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    for the lels
    (also it explains why we don't see bones when people get shot through the stomach and stuff)
    Nope. When the handmaiden tried to electrocute herself, there was a skeleton shown. Totally human looking and everything. Unless we decided trolls have an electrically charged-other-wise-invisible skeleton pattern built into their outer shell.

The trolls take in the Kids CO2 while emitting O2, then the Kids take in the O2 and emit CO2, ad infinitum.
    +1
    I quite like this theory.
    Do not even look in here it is a goshawful mess that I do not have the time or sanity to deal with.

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

for the lels
    (also carapacians don't have bones either they have EXOSKELETONS i.e. HB doesn't have vertebrae which is why we don't see them)
    Doesn't Gamzee call someone an invertebrother at some point?

But they also call things bone bulges and... I think? there was a troll whose skeleton was shown at one point?

EDIT:
    Nope. When the handmaiden tried to electrocute herself, there was a skeleton shown. Totally human looking and everything.
    This.

Also Kanaya's introduction shows some zombies which were pretty clearly shown to have skeletons I believe. Even if not real, I doubt a skeletonless species' paranormal lore would feature zombies with skeletons.

That happened to Jack HArkness once. It was awful.

And I would totally buy trolls breathing in Carbon Dioxide and breathing out oxygen. Because then the meteor would be a closes system and everyone could breath forever happily.
    The Carapaces are all game constructs created for a specific goal.
    This goal drives their entire being. While they are capable of emotions and personal growth, I'd wager that they would always feel a bit mechanical to us. Like some highly advanced AI.

Pronouns
    [other] (see signature)

and then getting resurrected regularly because asphyxiation is not heroic nor just
    There was actually a theory "now" that Rose and Dave kept god-tier reviving inside the sun and floating up a little bit and so forth
    for an eternity
    until Sollux and Aradia and a meteor showed up

It was a really fucking awesome theory. (yes Storm had it)

Also RI is right pretty much everywhere has breatheable oxygen except for Space in the actual universes.
    Unless we decided trolls have an electrically charged-other-wise-invisible skeleton pattern built into their outer shell.
    SO OBVIOUS.

. . .

maybe their bones are their blood colour

Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous View Post
    The Carapaces are all game constructs created for a specific goal.
    This goal drives their entire being. While they are capable of emotions and personal growth, I'd wager that they would always feel a bit mechanical to us. Like some highly advanced AI.
    This makes me oddly sad. But it does make a certain amount of sense. I have even heard real life insects referred to as "living robots."

And if that is true, then do members of the Felt have the same "crunchy bag of blood" biology?

maybe their bones are their blood colour
    Unlikely, unless their horns are a completely separate piece of biology from the rest of the skeleton.

This makes me oddly sad. But it does make a certain amount of sense. I have even heard real life insects referred to as "living robots."

And if that is true, then do members of the Felt have the same "crunchy bag of blood" biology?
    We don't really know anything about The Felt, though.
    They could really be anything.
    Except competent. That's just ridiculous.

Pronouns
    ze/hir/hirs

Yes pretty much this

Also someone definitely mentioned this already but Trolls have a skeleton: We saw it when the handmaid was electrocuted. Furthermore, her horns weren't shown which suggests that they are not made of bone.

Perhaps chitin? Just a guess. Did Equius say that horns grew back, or was that just teeth?

Quote Originally Posted by cinereousSynesthete View Post
    Yes pretty much this

Also someone definitely mentioned this already but Trolls have a skeleton: We saw it when the handmaid was electrocuted. Furthermore, her horns weren't shown which suggests that they are not made of bone.

Perhaps chitin? Just a guess. Did Equius say that horns grew back, or was that just teeth?
    He said that his horn will never grow back, but his teeth sometimes do.