MSPA Forums
Page 97 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4787949596979899100 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 2477

Thread: Jailbreak: Now In Colour!

Net Idol Tenma Moderator Kíeros's Avatar

Re: Jailbreak: Now In Colour!

Quote Originally Posted by avolitionalArtisan View Post
    Also Kanaya's introduction shows some zombies which were pretty clearly shown to have skeletons I believe. Even if not real, I doubt a skeletonless species' paranormal lore would feature zombies with skeletons.
    It may. Seriously would you be freaked out about a tale of a person whose support for their body was on the outside instead of bones? Most likely. Therefore, the trolls would do it in reverse, and suddenly, you've got a freaky paranormal lore!
    Rules     :     Mods
    [U4G] Seconds'

Pronouns
    [other] (see signature)

I know! The horns are made of keratin!

Keratin, coincidentally, is also the main component of hair.

Vriska's horns are literally composed of her hair.

Trolls are like wasps and carapacians are like ants.
    As Diamonds Drone clearly attests.
    (yeah actually trolls work better, since their mother is a gigantic fat grub thing)
    (then again the drones aren't the things to do the sexying)
    (so idk)

Anyone else read Orson Card? the whole dual-evolution thing with one species' life cycle being forcibly paired to that of another species by means of a virulent virus
    that was pretty legit

Friends, forumites, countrymen. A sudden spark of inspiration (given to me by you) made the Kanaya poem a reality. Here it is:

Last edited by Dmatix; 05-04-2012 at 03:39 PM.
    My Fanfic: Last Journey of the Knight of Sands, a tale of memory and loss.
    MSPA Character Poetry:

Witch of Heart/Thief of Fun Stormspirit's Avatar

Awwwww, that's really sweet, Dmatix. I love how you really made a focus around her relationships with Vriska and Eridan. And...well, even in poem form, associating 'Eridan' and 'cleaved' is still as amusing.
    Folders and sigquotes below. Warning: This may cause brain damage. http://i.imgur.com/LltzU.pnghttp://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...gendercorn.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/b1RdM.gif

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

That is actually really good! I quite like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspirit View Post
    And...well, even in poem form, associating 'Eridan' and 'cleaved' is still as amusing.
    I agree with this! I also like how it's not all about fashion and lesbians. Because fashion and lesbians are both terrific things which I like very much, but I would be sad if that was all there was to her. ):

Her other relationships and the stuff with the matriorb is more important to her character anyway, I think.

Awwwww, that's really sweet, Dmatix. I love how you really made a focus around her relationships with Vriska and Eridan. And...well, even in poem form, associating 'Eridan' and 'cleaved' is still as amusing.
    Karkat too. What I realized about Kanaya is how she is defined by how she interacts with others, perhaps more than any other character in Homestuck (except maybe for Karkat himself).
    MSPA Character Poetry:

Pronouns
    [other] (see signature)

Quote Originally Posted by Dmatix View Post
    Friend, forumites, countrymen. A sudden spark of inspiration (given to me by you) made the Kanaya poem a reality. Here it is:
    It might be the 1 hour of sleep, or the Paul's Boutique, or
    it could be that this is legitimately giving me chills.
    associating 'Eridan' and 'cleaved' is still as amusing.
    Because of March!Eridan, right?
    Right?

. . .

Right?

I agree with this! I also like how it's not all about fashion and lesbians. Because fashion and lesbians are both terrific things which I like very much, but I would be sad if that was all there was to her. ):

Her other relationships and the stuff with the matriorb is more important to her character anyway, I think.
    I wouldn't be sad, but severely disappointed if she was nothing but that. That would leave a bad taste.

Karkat too. What I realized about Kanaya is how she is defined by how she interacts with others, perhaps more than any other character in Homestuck (except maybe for Karkat himself).
    Well, there's not that much of Karkat except the 'Amphibian progeny she raises, watched by a warrior filled with pride/Haste her child will doom, the warrior demands it still, she obeys', while Eridan has two verses for him.

I think Karkat had mostly interactions with himself. Well, a lot of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Because of March!Eridan, right?
    Right?

. . .

Right?
    He's just as funny to cut in half with a chainsaw, so sure, why the hell not.
    Folders and sigquotes below. Warning: This may cause brain damage. http://i.imgur.com/LltzU.pnghttp://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...gendercorn.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/b1RdM.gif

I really wish I could have touched on her relationship with Karkat more. It's one of the more subtle ones, and maybe my favorite among the trolls, plus it has that extra dimension the Ancestors give it. Maybe I'll touch on it with Karkat's poem.
    MSPA Character Poetry:

Pronouns
    [other] (see signature)

Well, there's not that much of Karkat except the 'Amphibian progeny she raises, watched by a warrior filled with pride/Haste her child will doom, the warrior demands it still, she obeys', while Eridan has two verses for him.
    I think Karkat had mostly interactions with himself. Well, a lot of it.
    That's because Eridan is the best.

Karkat . . . he might be most memorable when he self-interacts, but he talks to other people at least as often. As the leader, he had to be a friend to as many trolls as possible, to coordinate their efforts. And he actually cares about his comrades, even if they are not his friends.

Saying he mostly interacts with himself is like having him use "FUCKASS" every other line. Dmatix is right in that he's defined greatly by his relationships to others. His past-future issues are representative of his self-loathing, and how he occupies his down time. I remember the other day someone said that you can't put Karkat alone in a desert and expect him to have an epiphany.

That was an interesting thought, and I eagerly anticipate confirmation/disprovement.

The Karkat/Eridan relationship is also pretty interesting.

Do you have what it takes to join my Fubuki Group

I just got back from watching movies (which is a big occasion because I barely ever do that.)

Happening what is?

Quote Originally Posted by Kíeros View Post
    It may. Seriously would you be freaked out about a tale of a person whose support for their body was on the outside instead of bones? Most likely. Therefore, the trolls would do it in reverse, and suddenly, you've got a freaky paranormal lore!
    CRAB PEOPLE?????

Crabdadstuck.
    Pearofessional pear pun enthusiast. Formerly known as P_equals_NP. Ducko on TFM.
    My Tumblr Where I gush all about my worst favorite kids cartoon shows. (I'm awful)
    My DeviantArt Where I draw things of questionable artistic value.

Troll horns are made out of bone.

This is definetely the most generic response but it's the best one I can think of.

If they were anything else they'd just kind of snop off.

Karkat . . . he might be most memorable when he self-interacts, but he talks to other people at least as often. As the leader, he had to be a friend to as many trolls as possible, to coordinate their efforts. And he actually cares about his comrades, even if they are not his friends.

Saying he mostly interacts with himself is like having him use "FUCKASS" every other line. Dmatix is right in that he's defined greatly by his relationships to others. His past-future issues are representative of his self-loathing, and how he occupies his down time. I remember the other day someone said that you can't put Karkat alone in a desert and expect him to have an epiphany.

That was an interesting thought, and I eagerly anticipate confirmation/disprovement.
    I couldn't agree more, as I was the one to say that putting him in a desert was pretty stupid because that wouldn't make him deal with his problems. He is the only one, I believe, that really talked to absolutely everybody. But, his most recent conversations mostly turned toward him discussing with...well, himself. That was quite disappointing.

But he's the one who cried when Sollux died. He's the one who cared about Terezi when she started crying. He even cared about Gamzee, and tried to give romantic advice to Eridan. He is the one that kept them together against the Black King, the one who was able to stop them from killing each other, despite their inherent violent nature.

Banned
    I'm not sure. It's dark and moist and something is chewing on my foot
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

wait, trolls have carapaces?

also, I just realized while rewatching cascade that carapacians have both an exo- and endoskeleton

Pronouns
    [other] (see signature)

I couldn't agree more, as I was the one to say that putting him in a desert was pretty stupid because that wouldn't make him deal with his problems. He is the only one, I believe, that really talked to absolutely everybody. But, his most recent conversations mostly turned toward him discussing with...well, himself. That was quite disappointing.
    But he's the one who cried when Sollux died. He's the one who cared about Terezi when she started crying. He even cared about Gamzee, and tried to give romantic advice to Eridan. He is the one that kept them together against the Black King, the one who was able to stop them from killing each other, despite their inherent violent nature.
    what if karkats the real protagonist of homestuck

what if karkat dies

what if karkat accepts his problems

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

I think I read something about how Knight of Blood meant supporting and keeping his team together through blood=feelings, but I don't remember it very well and certainly can't find a link so. :/

Anyway, I agree. Karkat kind of is his relationships with his friends. Without his friends, he's just a big ball of self loathing?

I should really avoid conversations about aspect interpretation and character analyzing and such, though. I am rather bad at them.

Rogue of SPACE!/Witch of Blood Daniel990's Avatar
    Pronouns
    [any]

what if karkat dies
    What if John is the real protagonist of Homestuck?
    fitter happier more productive

what if karkat dies
    DUN-DUN-DUUUUUUUUUUUN.

I think I read something about how Knight of Blood meant supporting and keeping his team together through blood=feelings, but I don't remember it very well and certainly can't find a link so. :/

Anyway, I agree. Karkat kind of is his relationships with his friends. Without his friends, he's just a big ball of self loathing?
    Yeah, that's a popular theory on the Blood aspect. It comes up a lot of times in the aspects/classes thread.

And without his friends, Karkat probably would be completely lost and unable to keep his cool. He probably would have never accomplished anything without them.

Karkat is my favorite troll because he cares for everyone, even if he can only show it in his own twisted way.

By the way, does anyone have a preference for the next poem? It could be about anyone, human, troll or other (besides those I already did, of course).
    MSPA Character Poetry:

Pronouns
    ze/hir/hirs

Karkat is pretty cool. He is one of the two male trolls I actually like. Not a bad guy.

Also I like to think that horns are spongey and not eben useful for hitting things, but the way Equius's snapped off suggests that they are brittle.

Pronouns
    [other] (see signature)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel990 View Post
    so lame

john's already died like six times

what if gamzees the real protagonist of homestuck

what if karkats true love is Uu

is that like johnjade

Karkat is my favorite troll because he cares for everyone, even if he can only show it in his own twisted way.

By the way, does anyone have a preference for the next poem? It could be about anyone, human, troll or other (besides those I already did, of course).
    Aimless Renegade.

Because Justice.

Banned
    I'm not sure. It's dark and moist and something is chewing on my foot
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel990 View Post
    what if casey is the real protagonist of Homestuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous View Post
    Aimless Renegade.

Because Justice.
    Alright. This should be interesting. I never wrote about a character that got so little screen time. I do like AR though.
    MSPA Character Poetry:

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Quote Originally Posted by wrinklefudger View Post
    what if casey is the real protagonist of Homestuck?
    that's a stupid thing to say, of course she is
    steam|da|tumblr|art tumblr|mmostuck|mmostuck irc|Somnia - Adventure thing
    MTF corn
    (Please PM me if you try to add me on Steam)