MSPA Forums
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 873

Thread: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: The Legend of Mia (TOWN WIN) Thanks for playing!

  1. #301
    ALRIGHT LET'S GO StiqFigurMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Land of Grids and War
    Posts
    1,977

    Re: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: A Damsel Up For Grabs (Day 1)

    I'm going to slowly feed my sane thoughts back into this game

    where did beru go? also, lynching Grutor D1 is pointless.

    I still think Masterblade is just being kind of obtuse a la Dersehunt Intermission

    flowchart shenanigans aside I still have a townread on Acio right now but I don't have enough faith in my ability to remove bias to make an endorsement

    why is mirdini still not voting

    Credo is town

    I think Palamedes is wrong about MB and I think Acio's reasons were decent but see above about acio; I'm not really sure Palamedes is scum anymore

    I'm going to wait to see what it is that APW wants and if it isn't really important I'm probably going to investigate him very carefully

    mistervisceral's above statement is basically right

    other than that I need to take some time to reread a bunch of statements

  2. #302
    The Bane Grutor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Land of Jinx and ♠ ♦ • ◘ ◙ ∙Misfortuπe (Ω∞)
    Posts
    773

    Re: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: A Damsel Up For Grabs (Day 1)

    Quote Originally Posted by StiqFigurMaster View Post
    lynching Grutor D1 is pointless.
    vote: stiq
    Nothing here but us chickens.

  3. #303
    ALRIGHT LET'S GO StiqFigurMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Land of Grids and War
    Posts
    1,977

    Re: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: A Damsel Up For Grabs (Day 1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Grutor View Post
    vote: stiq
    that's...

    wow

    I'm laughing so hard right now

  4. #304
    Pepper, a Poochyena PepperYena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Land of Cliffs and Canopy
    Posts
    3,011

    Re: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: A Damsel Up For Grabs (Day 1)

    VOTALS



    Zatch - 1 (Pharas)
    absoluteCertainty - 2 (Solaris, AProcrastinatingWriter)
    AProcrastinatingWriter - 1 (TruthHurts22)
    TruthHurts22 - 1 (Ario)
    Mirdini - 1 (MasterBlade)
    Solaris - 1 (Valshigar)
    NO LYNCH - 1 (Zatch)
    Grutor - 1 (absoluteCertainty)
    MasterBlade - 3 (Mister Visceral, Palamedes, armoredSkunk)
    Palamedes - 2 (Acionyx, Crilly)
    Ario - 1 (Eidolonic)
    StiqFigurMaster - 4 (ANACREON, Credo, OzTheWizard, Grutor)

    Yay Credo for playing a maf game~
    Also anac voted harder


    Not Voting: Mirdini, jwlk, StiqFigurMaster (3)


    With 22 alive, it takes 12 to hardlynch and 6 to softlynch



    Deadline: Friday, May 18, 7:00 PM EST

  5. #305
    Mirdini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Land of Music and Strudel
    Posts
    8,433

    Re: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: A Damsel Up For Grabs (Day 1)

    Quote Originally Posted by AProcrastinatingWriter View Post
    He also hasn't spoken in a while, which isn't like him either scum or town. I do hope he's okay.
    busy fighting demons

  6. #306
    The Polymedes Palamedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right over there
    Posts
    6,577

    Re: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: A Damsel Up For Grabs (Day 1)

    APW:
    Quote Originally Posted by AProcrastinatingWriter View Post
    Palamedes is either the gutsiest bluffer I have ever seen or else was being genuine, fourth of all. Other than that, he seems top be very interested in hunting down scum - one at a time. And it always seems to be the people who accuse him of being scum that he hunts...that is suspicious, I must say.
    You might notice that I've gone after Eido and Blade the most - neither of which went after me at all (at least, not until quite some time after I started on them). I've also commented on a few other people too so shrug.

    Quote Originally Posted by AProcrastinatingWriter View Post
    Lastly, I have obtained one piece of information upon reread that I believe could lead to the successful capture of scum, if pushed. However, my confidence that this will lead to scum being captured is both a blessing and a curse...you see, the player I have obtained information on is one of the newbies. I cannot in good conscience (with my policy) put this forward when the information could very well lead to their lynching...at least not on day one. I am entirely aware this will likely frustrate the majority of town, and I do understand why. However, I have always believed it is important that newbies enjoy one worry-free day and night of mafia before being considered targets, even if they are confirmed scum.
    Well since you could easily send your message to a decent looking mafia member, I'd really recommend telling us now. For what it's worth if your evidence proves to be as damning as you claim, I'll advocate against lynching the new player today. As for someone you can trust, I highly doubt anyone with a claim good enough to confirm them to you would do so, and shouldn't.

    Credo: Good start, but keep in mind what advice has already been given on that post of yours. As circumstantially funny as your read is on me, you should probably give it another go. In addition, it'd be swell if you gave opinions on APW's longer posts themselves.

    Oz: That was a pretty terrible reason to vote Stiq - he was just making an assumption based on the fact that scum usually do their best to shoot town!Acio asap and does not in any way imply he's scum. On the other hand -

    Stiq: So you wanted me dead because you don't like me or my feel, but then it turnst out that it basically waters down to 'because Acio said so'?

    Grutor: If there is a vigilante or even noble serial killer, here's the guy you should shoot.

  7. #307
    Mirdini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Land of Music and Strudel
    Posts
    8,433

    Re: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: A Damsel Up For Grabs (Day 1)

    Of note: Zatch vanished

    unabashedly going to sheep Acio here because Pala v Oz is weird and Pala was already ehhh earlier while I was still paying more attention and the game wasn't swamped by wordwalls

    Vote: Palamedes

  8. #308
    ALRIGHT LET'S GO StiqFigurMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Land of Grids and War
    Posts
    1,977

    Re: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: A Damsel Up For Grabs (Day 1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Palamedes View Post
    Stiq: So you wanted me dead because you don't like me or my feel, but then it turnst out that it basically waters down to 'because Acio said so'?
    I wouldn't say you're in the clear yet. Your behavior has still been weird, and I'm still very confident that you're wrong with regards to Masterblade, at least based on present circumstances, but I would be lying if I said I didn't sort of... lose my head there a bit.

  9. #309
    The Bane Grutor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Land of Jinx and ♠ ♦ • ◘ ◙ ∙Misfortuπe (Ω∞)
    Posts
    773

    Re: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: A Damsel Up For Grabs (Day 1)

    Palamedes, I wasn't even set to going after you until you made that remark. Although it would been nice to see a different flip and watch colored sheep, I'm afraid I'm going to push your lynch quicker.
    vote Pala
    Nothing here but us chickens.

  10. #310
    The Polymedes Palamedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right over there
    Posts
    6,577

    Re: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: A Damsel Up For Grabs (Day 1)

    See Grutor, if you didn't do stuff like that I wouldn't have to make that comment.

    When you go around voting people just because you think it'll be funny/ironic/spiteful you're doing the exact opposite of helping town. See: Pokemafia where you trolled the town into lynching you after people had started to think you were likely town.

  11. #311
    The Bane Grutor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Land of Jinx and ♠ ♦ • ◘ ◙ ∙Misfortuπe (Ω∞)
    Posts
    773

    Re: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: A Damsel Up For Grabs (Day 1)

    That wasn't the case, and town won anyways.
    Nothing here but us chickens.

  12. #312
    Nowhere Man AProcrastinatingWriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sitting in his Nowhere Land
    Pronouns
    he/him/his
    Posts
    4,390

    Re: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: A Damsel Up For Grabs (Day 1)

    For some reason, this game seems to be turning into Personal Issues Mafia.

    Or perhaps that's just me. If what Palamedes said in defense of himself is accurate, I have a tendency to remember things perhaps not entirely falsely, but certainly removed from the truth. Hmm. Not like me.

    Speaking of Palamedes, may I inquire as to precisely why he is the new flavor of the day as of six-or-seven posts ago? He hasn't given off the best vibes all the time, true, and yet within a few posts both Mirdini and Grutor are voting him and, though I could be wrong of course, it seems like StiqFM is considering voting Palamedes again. It all seems a bit sudden, and more than a little awkward.

    In addition, absoluteCertainty still hasn't shown up again, but at least her vote's in the right place. Not that I don't still wish she would actually show up, you see, but Grutor is acting remarkably unhelpful and has already made a few suspicious bandwagon-type posts, though admittedly not always with an actual bandwagon in front of them. He also is voting Palamedes for reasons that basically amount to vengeance and spite. Assuming he is actually being very off-kilter town, he is not being very valuable. In fact, I would actually go so far as to say he is an unhelpful townie, best-case.

    Vote: Grutor.
    Below: A nasally-voiced twenty-year old who has just woken up addresses the MSPA Forums with way too many pauses. (Unless tindeck is down right now)
    http://tindeck.com/image/pzmi/stats.png

  13. #313

    Re: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: A Damsel Up For Grabs (Day 1)

    APW - the problem with d1 Grutor-lynch is that, well... he's always unhelpful town, best-case scenario. So it turns into a policy lynch more than an actual scum read lynch, and we don't generate much information off of the wagon either way. Because town want to lynch him, and scum want to bus him. He does make a lovely vig target, though.

    Credo... I like that he actively started talking and saying useful things. But it was quite abrupt, and... I don't know. I'll refrain from poking him too much until day two, at least, but ehh.

    My vote is still on Ario, who is still not here. Dunno if we're looking at a replacement for that slot, or if we're looking at a strong day one lurker.

    Palamedes is bleh. I really don't like the Pala/Oz interactions, and I feel Pala comes off a fair bit worse between the two. But he's slightly redeemed himself with some of his later posts, to the point where he's a very light scum read, instead of me wanting it killed with fire instantly.

    Uh. I don't like Stiq this game as much as I'd like to. Most people I'd write off the honest assessment of their flailing as a town thing, but... it's the kind of stuff that Stiq did as my scumbuddy in whtg. And, yeah. So that turns it more null, and...eh. Watchin' you, Russell.

    Acio doesn't feel as...Acio-ish as normal, which could be a thing. But as iffy as Stiq's flowchart was, the concept is reasonably accurate. I mean... we aren't lynching Acio day one. It's just not going to happen. If he's town, he's dead within a few days, if he's still alive in a few days, we'll revisit it. Wine can happen, but uh. That means leaving town!Acio alive, and... yeah.

    So many new players and some derps that make me think town, and I don't really know who I want dead. Not usually this indecisive, but I just feel bad for attacking newbies day one, and there's... a bunch of them.

    ArmoredSkunk feels... off. But that might be some read bleed between this and Experiment in Mafia, so not commenting on that further until I do a re-read of both with actual notes, during night one.

    Beruru is lurking bear, which is an ever null thing, I guess. Frustrating, but not something that triggers scum alarms. I wouldn't mind stacking some lynch votes on her tomorrow to see what she has to say, but doesn't seem worth the effort today.

    Uh. Solaris is wat.

    Dini is...town Dini. A little... sharper with his words than I recall scum Dini being. Not a strong read, but.. I'm willing to listen to him a bit.

    Jwlk is firm null. I know he hasn't been feeling well, and am sure he'll catch up.

    MasterBlade makes me sort of feel derptown? But nothing strong...

    I don't really dislike anyone strongly, which makes me wonder if this might be a really newb-heavy scumteam. Guess we'll be doing stick-poking pretty hard day two.

  14. #314

    Re: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: A Damsel Up For Grabs (Day 1)

    Uh well, I'm gonna put in my two cents.
    Pala started off a mild scumread for me, but lately he's been getting townier. Since he's given reasonable answers to my questions, I'm gonna put him as a null.
    Stiq is.... difficult for me. His posts are usually short and quick with little explanation or substance. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be scummy or bad town playing. But Stiq has been more vocal and realtively more forthcoming lately, so I'll put him as null.
    Gutor seems really capricious and vengeful,a nd normally I'd call that overreactive scum, but this sounds like this is just a thing for him so... *sigh* yet another null.
    APW is one of the scummiest to me right now, but I guess that's not really saying much. His day one roleclaim seemed just... off. It rubbed me the wrong way. But he also said he was loopy on sleep last night so maybe he's still recovering....?
    Acio has been stated off limits for lynching, so I'll glaze over him for now.
    Dini hasn't posted much soooo.. more null reads. though I'll like a more concrete explanation besides fighting demons. Is that another forum game going on?(then again this is pretty irrelephant and doesn't need an answer tbh)
    Credo is a new guy like my, so I'm biased. However, he seems to just be learning the ropes and doesn't look scummy to me yet.
    As for the rest, I'm just not sure. Sorry for wasting your time guys.

  15. #315
    The Bane Grutor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Land of Jinx and ♠ ♦ • ◘ ◙ ∙Misfortuπe (Ω∞)
    Posts
    773

    Re: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: A Damsel Up For Grabs (Day 1)

    The stiq vote was more of a joke.
    I know I seem to be unhelpful but I just have a problem with subtleties.
    I am taking in what everyone one is saying.
    Nothing here but us chickens.

  16. #316
    Mirdini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Land of Music and Strudel
    Posts
    8,433

    Re: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: A Damsel Up For Grabs (Day 1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Valshigar View Post
    though I'll like a more concrete explanation besides fighting demons. Is that another forum game going on?
    Last edited by Mirdini; 05-16-2012 at 08:38 PM.

  17. #317
    Champion of Lurk and Derp Zatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    By the time you read this, I will already be in the FUTURE!
    Posts
    2,549

    Re: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: A Damsel Up For Grabs (Day 1)

    Yo, just phasing in to chat a bit, give some reads, ya know, the works.

    Grutor - Gonna keep him null for now, he gets a bad rep for not bending to town's will, but I still like him.

    Credo - Could honestly go for a lynch on this guy. He seems really newbtown though, so perhaps lynching him could be a bad thing.

    Acionyx/Mirdini/Crilly - I can't accurately gauge these guys Day One. I can't accurately gauge anybody Day One. All I got is feelz, and I can't rub my brain on them enough to produce a feel that I can agree with.

    Masterblade - Not doing DHIAU shenanigans, I miss those days. I'll trust him to do whatever he is doing for now.

    Stiq - Don't understand why he's seemed to have garnered so much negative feedback. I see his contributions as helpful to town. Null with slight town read.

    APW - Also see him as helpful, though I think he always plays helpfully, so null.

    Unvote

    All I know is, I can't deal with scum Palamedes. He has the power to make me doubt myself even though I knew he was scum from a ghost standpoint in Pokemafia and as bad as it makes me feel to vote someone for playing really well, I'm going to hafta Vote: Palamedes. I should abandon this way of thinking and improve my skills, but in the mean time, this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MayorSillyBiscuits A.K.A Eismo
    BUT THEN ZATCH PUT HIS BRAIN INTO OVERDRIVE AND MADE LOGIC

  18. #318

    Re: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: A Damsel Up For Grabs (Day 1)

    So, translating Zatch's posts, uh. Everyone is null, but he's going to just vote Pala because Pala is good at scum.

    Not that my own reads are much better than 'I have no fucking clue', but... bleh.

  19. #319

    Re: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: A Damsel Up For Grabs (Day 1)

    Okay so... fuck.

    I missed the beginning of this game, and trying to follow this game when you're sick is really hard :/ Anyway, realized one thing, I never want to miss the start of a game again. So much is thrown about and discarded >_> Anyway, i'll list a couple reads, and then hopefully can just focus on going forward and whatever questions people have of me.

    First, Zatch. I think thats been sufficiently been discussed, but I doubt he'd do something that he obviously knows would cause people to pile him.

    Eido- have a town read on him. He did something to get people to vote him, but like others said, his d1 is always derpy >_>.

    Stiq- more town than null, but he's been flip flopping, but generally pretty active and posting, and I like what i see from him even if its not necessarily something I think is right (the 'believe acio until d2' thing). Also, i think he explained why he took his vote of rather well, so the 3(?) people who jumped on him right after that seem weird to me.

    Pala- Very defensive in that whole exchange when she was accused, probably going to be lynched today, seems scummy.
    Grutor- seems like he's doing stuff just to do it ? Doesn't seem like this strategy is working for him, but its not really garnered much attention so i assume its a normal thing.

    Thats... all I got right now. I'll put my Vote on Pala
    If there are any questions that i can answer, since I know i missed a lot, i'd be glad to.

  20. #320
    ALRIGHT LET'S GO StiqFigurMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Land of Grids and War
    Posts
    1,977

    Re: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: A Damsel Up For Grabs (Day 1)

    ...So I stop voting Pala and suddenly this

    I officially give up on anything making sense today. I'll try harder Day 2.

  21. #321
    { yourself Mister Visceral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ohio (Land of Notes and Letters)
    Posts
    1,776

    Re: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: A Damsel Up For Grabs (Day 1)

    Still think MB would be better, but like I says I'm fine with either of the two.

    Vote Palamedes

  22. #322
    The Polymedes Palamedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right over there
    Posts
    6,577

    Re: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: A Damsel Up For Grabs (Day 1)

    Well this is embarrassing.

    I promised myself I wouldn't ever claim as an inforole (kind of) D1 but I guess I have no choice.

    There's a reeeaaason that Credo is so town to me, I know all there is about him this game and more.

  23. #323
    Champion of Lurk and Derp Zatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    By the time you read this, I will already be in the FUTURE!
    Posts
    2,549

    Re: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: A Damsel Up For Grabs (Day 1)

    Whelp, I sure feel dumb. Unvote.
    Quote Originally Posted by MayorSillyBiscuits A.K.A Eismo
    BUT THEN ZATCH PUT HIS BRAIN INTO OVERDRIVE AND MADE LOGIC

  24. #324
    Champion of Lurk and Derp Zatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    By the time you read this, I will already be in the FUTURE!
    Posts
    2,549

    Re: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: A Damsel Up For Grabs (Day 1)

    EBWOP: Well, does your role tell you whether or not he's town/scum?
    Quote Originally Posted by MayorSillyBiscuits A.K.A Eismo
    BUT THEN ZATCH PUT HIS BRAIN INTO OVERDRIVE AND MADE LOGIC

  25. #325
    The Polymedes Palamedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right over there
    Posts
    6,577

    Re: SKYWARD SWORD MAFIA: A Damsel Up For Grabs (Day 1)

    All that and more dear.

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •