MSPA Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [16x] [HDPatcher] MediumCraft - We're doing this, man. We're making this happen!

Pronouns
    [any]

[16x] [HDPatcher] MediumCraft - We're doing this, man. We're making this happen!

Minecraft Forum Link

MediumCraft is a Homestuck-inspired texture pack which comes in several flavours, each one being one of the players' lands in the game. It is currently a work in progress, and I hope to do LOWAS, LOLAR, LOHAC, LOFAS and the Alpha-kids' lands. Each one of the flavour tries to recreate the planet it's supposed to be: however, there might be some inconsistencies, such as in the LOWAS pack: the Land of Wind and Shade is supposed to have trees without leaves, however, taking them off would make the Leaves block invisible. Not to be confused with Minestuck: this is simply a texture pack, not a mod.

Choose your flavour:

Last edited by Halfy; 05-27-2012 at 12:21 PM.

Re: [16x] [HDPatcher] MediumCraft - We're doing this, man. We're making this happen!

DEFINITELY impressed.

Re: [16x] [HDPatcher] MediumCraft - We're doing this, man. We're making this happen!

...HALFY WHO TOLD YOU YOU COULD BE SO COOL?!

My goodness, I'm impressed. Definitely downloading these once I have the time.

This is pretty darn amazing, I'm gonna download and try it out when I get the chance

Pronouns
    [any]

Quote Originally Posted by AndIMustMask View Post
    DEFINITELY impressed.
    Thank you there buddy. : )

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiEgg360 View Post
    ...HALFY WHO TOLD YOU YOU COULD BE SO COOL?!

My goodness, I'm impressed. Definitely downloading these once I have the time.
    THEY TOLD ME I COULD BE ANYTHING

SO I BECAME DAVE

Quote Originally Posted by Crafter1300 View Post
    This is pretty darn amazing, I'm gonna download and try it out when I get the chance
    Thank you. ; )

CG: THIS IS FANTABULISTIC SHIT.
    GC: S3R1OUSLY, DOWNLO4D TH1S.
    GP: sorry 4bout t)(3m.
    Every handle that appears in my adventure, HomeBent, is a Pesterchum handle in real life.

I tried my hand at a LOTAF and LOWAS a while back, but yours far surpass mine. Well done, these are excellent. I would love to see more from you, particularly more lands. Have you considered changing mobs? That would be spectacular.
    http://electricwestern.deviantart.com/
    Look at all the arts I have. I make props and other interesting things.

Pronouns
    [any]

Quote Originally Posted by Electricwestern View Post
    I tried my hand at a LOTAF and LOWAS a while back, but yours far surpass mine. Well done, these are excellent. I would love to see more from you, particularly more lands. Have you considered changing mobs? That would be spectacular.
    Tried to change villagers once but boy those noses.

I will probably try once I get more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfblood2000 View Post
    Tried to change villagers once but boy those noses.

I will probably try once I get more time.
    Haha yeah that was an issue i ran into on mine. I ended up just leaving them, but on the Alternia pack I did I made them trolls. Trolls with huge noses.

My critique on the Land of Wind and Shade pack:
    One word: awesome.
    The only thing I dislike is that the stone is way too dark (or is it the saturation that's the problem?). Messes up my eyes.

Oh my god, I am thoroughly impressed as well; these are gorgeous. *o* I've been using an altered version of the Skaiacraft texture pack you can find floating around the forums here, but I might download these to mess around on too. :3 They're great!! Thank you for making them~

Out of curiosity, do you plan on making them for each planet / land, or will you be stopping with these three? o:

Also, if you need help altering some of the skins like for villagers or what have you, I might be able to help a little! I'm not ~~fantastic~~ at it, but I can navigate my way around well enough that I might be able to whip up something. o:
    http://i.imgur.com/u6nGj.gif
    pesterchum: betaVoracious // alternia academy - a homestuck visual novel // skype : zomgenius

Pronouns
    [any]

Quote Originally Posted by betaVoracious View Post
    Oh my god, I am thoroughly impressed as well; these are gorgeous. *o* I've been using an altered version of the Skaiacraft texture pack you can find floating around the forums here, but I might download these to mess around on too. :3 They're great!! Thank you for making them~

Out of curiosity, do you plan on making them for each planet / land, or will you be stopping with these three? o:

Also, if you need help altering some of the skins like for villagers or what have you, I might be able to help a little! I'm not ~~fantastic~~ at it, but I can navigate my way around well enough that I might be able to whip up something. o:
    I probably will make one for each land,

That'd be nice.

So, for those new to minecraft texture pack mods that are somewhat nonstandard in their dimensions/resolutions (which is what I'm assuming the [16x] and [HDPatcher] signify)... how does one correctly instal these?

Pronouns
    [any]

Quote Originally Posted by Fayd View Post
    So, for those new to minecraft texture pack mods that are somewhat nonstandard in their dimensions/resolutions (which is what I'm assuming the [16x] and [HDPatcher] signify)... how does one correctly instal these?
    This is standard in dimensions, but the water only changes with HDPatcher.

Pronouns
    [any]

Guys I need help deciding what land to do next (LOHAC is a bit paused because I lost the files : ( )

LOCAH? LOLCAT? LOFAF?

I think you should do LOFAF, and if you start with the trolls I think you should do LOPAH first, but that's just me.
    Signature stuff under spoiler.

i'd say LOPAH to start, then maybe LOLCAT.

but yeah, if you're doing particles and reskins later: change the purples in the enderman teleport stuff to green, and a bec noir reskin seems obvious enough.

also, cant you make the nose transparent in the texture and just have the villagers be flat-faced?

edit-edit: what's the plan for the other dimension tetures? i notice that the nether (at least shown in the LOLAR image) is a ruined ectofacility, but any plans for the End?
    Last edited by AndIMustMask; 06-14-2012 at 06:41 AM.

Pronouns
    [any]

Quote Originally Posted by AndIMustMask View Post
    i'd say LOPAH to start, then maybe LOLCAT.

but yeah, if you're doing particles and reskins later: change the purples in the enderman teleport stuff to green, and a bec noir reskin seems obvious enough.

also, cant you make the nose transparent in the texture and just have the villagers be flat-faced?

edit-edit: what's the plan for the other dimension tetures? i notice that the nether (at least shown in the LOLAR image) is a ruined ectofacility, but any plans for the End?
    I might make the End be the Furthest Ring, filled with the Enderman reskin and a Horrorterror Enderdragon.

Whooooooa this is amazingly awesome.

(any mob re-textures?)

ummm, if anyone wants this i found it a while ago on a forum
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2g60dz0223754zv
    its derse!
    oh, i also found this LOHAC texture pack
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ciehvrh87u81zas
    the only problem is that they're a bit old
    Last edited by Mousemoose; 06-14-2012 at 10:57 AM.
    we're doing this bro, we're making this happen

Pronouns
    [any]

Quote Originally Posted by Mousemoose View Post
    ummm, if anyone wants this i found it a while ago on a forum
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2g60dz0223754zv
    its derse!
    oh, i also found this LOHAC texture pack
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ciehvrh87u81zas
    the only problem is that they're a bit old
    These are not related to my work at all. This is a thread for MediumCraft, not other Homestuck-Minecraft projects. Sorry :P

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Excellent work, Halfblood.

Tiny critique: It's kind of bugging me how the water in LOLAR doesn't tessellate / isn't translucent.

I'm not all that good with texture-packs myself, yet, so I don't have any ideas for how to address it (assuming it's any concern in the first place).

e: Just tested out LOWAS, turns out the new-wood textures aren't added yet (double-edit: hasn't been done for LOLAR, either), and some others are just pallette-swaps of the default. That may need looking in to, if it's not already on the list.
    Last edited by trulyElse; 06-14-2012 at 10:58 PM.
    Alternatively,
    > Shit: Happen.

Is this project still coming along? I would really like to see some updated versions of these.

oh my god i can't wait for this.
    so yeah i'm this cool guy who makes sprites. i'll add more to this list as i make more.
    http://picasion.com/pic56/a9ef2e846a...eb83e0297b.gif
    my tumblr:
    http://static.viewbook.com/images/so.../tumblr_32.png

Thief of Form cannabalisticJusticar's Avatar

Do LOWAS and LOWHAC have nether additions, such like LOLAR's Labratory addition?
    Skeet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast