MSPA Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Perfect Sburb Game?

lightningSora

The Perfect Sburb Game?

What I belelive the perfect Sburb Game is:

---You start with the server player connecting to the client and deploying all the nessisary equipment to enter the medium.
    ---You connect with everybody and start a chain BEFORE anyone enters the medium then everybody sets up with everyone else.
    ---Then everybody prototypes there Kernelsprite with something helpful and supporteve that wont complety over-power the enemys(Bec) but wont be stupid(Cal).
    ---Then enter the medium and 2nd teir the Sprites then each player goes though the 1st gate then 2nd, 3rd, ect...
    ---each player will enter the 7th gate and face the denizen all leveled up from slying imps and so-on the denizen will try to make aseal with you, kill it before they can talk.
    ---you get a grist motherload and will eventully creat the ultimte alcemey, your universe.
    --you than go to skaia and kill the black king after black defets white causing the reckoning.
    ---one of the players will thourgh ectobiology creates the baby you's which will then be set to earth on ametor through the skaia defence portals.
    ---you will have to eventuly come to meet your exiles along way and eventuly they will be exiled and go to earth and start to communacate with you and eventuly re-populate and re-create the earth.
    ---you may god teir along the way but in a perfect session you shouldn't have to intangle with your dreamself at all(Or die).
    ---you will breed a frog and inpregnate it with the ultimte alcemey(is this right?).
    ---you will then open the door to the universe you created.

Discuss below what you think the perfect Sburb game is.
    Last edited by richardskingdom; 01-04-2013 at 01:18 AM.
    my fan adventure Spritebound
    check it out if you want.

Buenos Aires, Argentina A.K.A Land of Money and Traffic

Re: The Perfect Sburb Game?

I think the perfect session would have all that, but it would have to be a two player session. If everything goes right, you win and become the embodiment of time/space with a mating partner of your choice! That's Lord English levels of power I am talking about here.

lightningSora

right right i forgot that there has to be at least two players in a session a male and a female and they have to be a space and a time player

Page of Blood

Why kill the denizen? If the quest benefits you/your land and gives you EXP, why not do it instead?

- Ideal number of players is 6. Has place for Time/Space, Breath/Blood (who are the best leaders) and some extra roles like Light and Life. Also has more options for non-incest relationships.
    - Do (number of players/2) entrances at a time simultaneously to save time.
    - If you find a way to exploit something for your benefit as a team, do it.
    - If you have woken up on the moon before everyone else, ensure their dreamselves' safety. If you are high enough on the Echeladder, kill the Derse agents outright.
    - DO NOT fuck with the Horrorterrors or the Furthest Ring.
    - After creating the universe, transfer your collected knowledge to the sapient planets to ensure your universe will bear as much seed as possible.

lightningSora

Quote Originally Posted by Ascimator View Post
    Why kill the denizen? If the quest benefits you/your land and gives you EXP, why not do it instead?

- Ideal number of players is 6. Has place for Time/Space, Breath/Blood (who are the best leaders) and some extra roles like Light and Life. Also has more options for non-incest relationships.
    - Do (number of players/2) entrances at a time simultaneously to save time.
    - If you find a way to exploit something for your benefit as a team, do it.
    - If you have woken up on the moon before everyone else, ensure their dreamselves' safety. If you are high enough on the Echeladder, kill the Derse agents outright.
    - DO NOT fuck with the Horrorterrors or the Furthest Ring.
    - After creating the universe, transfer your collected knowledge to the sapient planets to ensure your universe will bear as much seed as possible.
    For the grist horde

Page of Blood

Quote Originally Posted by richardskingdom View Post
    For the grist horde
    Vriska states at one point that "Tavros was pro8a8ly so lame, the denizen just gave up the horde out of pity".

Pronouns
    he/him/his

For the grist horde
    You can get the grist horde in other ways, such as a reward possibly. Vriska implied Tavros didn't fight his Denizen, and I think it was said Kanaya didn't either, and it was said they got their grist hordes from Echidna and Typheus, respectively.

Yeah killing the Denizen is a bad idea. While most of the trolls thought they were being good players killing them as fast as possible it was strongly implied they were wrong. And yes it was confirmed that Kanaya didn't fight hers and implied Tavros didn't too. Also given what Jade said, it seems talking to the Denizen and accepting their deal may be the "proper" way to ascend to the god tiers.

Also you forgot to mention prototyping a frog pre-entry. In a normal session the Black Queen apparently joins the Black King on the Battlefield for the final boss fight. If a frog is prototyped pre-entry the Black Queen takes off her ring.
    male-candy corn gay-candy corn Australian-candy corn

I have a Tumblr! Also I help run the MSPA Wiki which also has a Tumblr! Why does a Wiki need a Tumblr? Why doesn't a Wiki need a Tumblr? Also you can add me on Steam.

Gigapause: 10/25 or bust.

lightningSora

Quote Originally Posted by tastySalamanders View Post
    Yeah killing the Denizen is a bad idea. While most of the trolls thought they were being good players killing them as fast as possible it was strongly implied they were wrong. And yes it was confirmed that Kanaya didn't fight hers and implied Tavros didn't too. Also given what Jade said, it seems talking to the Denizen and accepting their deal may be the "proper" way to ascend to the god tiers.

Also you forgot to mention prototyping a frog pre-entry. In a normal session the Black Queen apparently joins the Black King on the Battlefield for the final boss fight. If a frog is prototyped pre-entry the Black Queen takes off her ring.
    Damn I missed all of this time for a reread.

Page of Blood

How to deal with the Black Queen:
    - Alchemise a sniper rifle that can one-shot her.
    - One-shot her.

lightningSora

Quote Originally Posted by Ascimator View Post
    How to deal with the Black Queen:
    - Alchemise a sniper rifle that can one-shot her.
    - One-shot her.
    also dont somehow let her become the lifeline of your univese

Quote Originally Posted by tastySalamanders View Post

You don't have to prototype a frog, although it helps.
    There are other ways to deal with the Black Queen, and Jack Noir will generally approach the players to aid them with that.

Anyways, it seems like all or most lands have a quest involving their transformation.
    SHOCKING EXCLUSIVE REVELATIONS ABOUT THE NATURE OF HOMESTUCK'S TYPOGRAPHY INSIDE!

avatar courtesy of the inestimable nekocat

Fixed, a little. Call it version 0.2
    I have a question.
    What is the nature of our limitations in making this "perfect"? We need to know where the roof is to aim for it. It seems that we may ignore the generation of information because giving the players a way to know how to do any of this right off the bat is impossable. However, trying to choose your own aspects and classes is something they could never do under any conditions.

---You start with the server player connecting to the client and deploying all the nessisary equipment to enter the medium.
    ---You connect with everybody and start a chain BEFORE anyone enters the medium then everybody sets up with everyone else.
    ---Then everybody prototypes there Kernelsprite with something helpful and supporteve that wont complety over-power the enemys(Bec) but wont be stupid(Cal).
    ---Then enter the medium and 2nd teir the Sprites so that they don't eat something while you aren't looking.
    ---Everyone passes a juju around untill a fair amount of zillium has been generated by this exploit. The juju is then to be refunded for 1 zillium and sent off to it's next owner.
    ---Use all your zillihoo hammers and swords and armor and jets to farm grist
    --- then each player goes though the 1st gate then 2nd, 3rd, ect...
    ---each player will enter the 7th gate and commune with the big wo/man
    ---you get a grist motherload
    ---Delete all traces of the ultamate alchemy. Nothing good has ever been in a new universe. A2 got beqnoir, b2 got calliborn(maybe(earth got there somehow, I doubt it was another earth all togeather but idk))
    --you than go to skaia and kill the black king
    --You force one of the lower carpacians to send a set number of meteors at skyaia.
    ---one of the players will thourgh ectobiology creates the baby you's which will then be set to earth on ametor through the skaia defence portals.
    ---you will have to eventuly come to meet your exiles along way and eventuly they will be exiled and go to earth and start to communacate with you and eventuly re-populate and re-create the earth.
    ---you may god teir along the way but in a perfect session you shouldn't have to intangle with your dreamself at all(Or die).
    Discuss below what you think the perfect Sburb game is.[/QUOTE]

Page of Blood

Quote Originally Posted by d2r123 View Post
    [/QUOTE]

What about completely embracing your title? Wouldn't that count for 100% completion?
    Oh, and you are immortal and shit.

Some problems:
    *How would you get a Juju in the first place?
    *Why would you delete the ulitimate alchemy are you stupid that is your entire goal
    But seriously, you just said that in an ideal session you KILL A UNIVERSE after/instead of creating it because in a few unusual sessions a Very Bad Thing occurred.
    *So many things wrong with this one:
    ---you may god tier along the way but in a perfect session you shouldn't have to entangle with your dreamself at all(Or die).\
    Um... you DO realize that the dreamself is a mechanic for gathering information and engaging in political maneuvering, right? And that waking up is explicitly part of your quest? And it has to do with growing as a person?

Actually, hang on - you don't mention that at all! You're treating this like a game to be won! THE ENTIRE POINT OF SBURB IS TO GROW AND MATURE (capslocked for emphasis). You do not once mention quests or saving your land or personal development and that is a problem. Same with god-tiers. They have to do with growing into your role, just like everything else in Sburb.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

...I doubt killing a denizen is a very good idea. It's like saying a perfect game of chess is when you nuke the board.

Right, I kind of covered a little of that.
    Ascimator is right, god tering should be part of a "Perfect" session. However, you should not lose your dreamself. So, in a perfect session, all god teiring is doen on a quest crypt. It probably has to be done to both you and your dreamself at the same exact time, otherwise you would have a destroied quest crypt and a non god teir you floating about.

Veimpth, most of that post isn't even mine. Mostly, that part about god teiring. I will adress the other parts though.

When you create a universe, you create a nearly unlimited number of moments in an unlimited number of locations. The chances that something will come out of that door are infinity-1/infinity. It's just to many variables to try to stick into anything we could call perfect.

They would type "UroboUros" into one of their card punchers and then start gifting the resulting card back and forth. And before you ask "how do they know that code?" I covered that already. How do they know to do any of the things we think they would do in a perfect session? In any case, I've laied out the meens they could use to obtain it.

You don't kill the universe, you just never create it. And no, that's not an abortion, abortions are after conseption. So we will not be having some weird "Is abortion killing" argument, if that's where this was going.

Ok, if you are going to say that suburb isn't a game, it's about growing as a person(which it is), then creating a universe remains unnecessary. However, the portion of suburb which is measured by your personal growth cannot be "perfected" anyway unless some utterly unquestionable standard were in place. In that case, the answer is to grow to be whatever skyaia wants you to be. In that case, the perfect suburb player must be nothing more then submissive and cooperative to such a degree that they are willing to let skyaia deside what their personality is.
    Last edited by d2r123; 01-12-2013 at 08:50 AM.

So the fact that Bad Things Occasionally Occur is a valid reason to allow all of reality to die off? Yeah, no. If this did work you would be killing the potential universe in the alt timelines wherein it was created. Anyways, it cannot be done. Any piece of reality that does not contribute to the furthered continuation of said reality is doomed to failure. Not making a universe is a one-way trip to everyone dying horribly and/or being stuck in an empty session for all eternity.

You cannot get the suckers because you have not been given them willingly.

Sburb has always been about growing as an individual. This does not mean that it is not also an elaborate creation myth. Your Role is an innate part of your genetics and personality and represents what you should strive to be for maximal development and mental health ect. The two most important parts of a session have always been creating your Genesis Frog and doing your quests to grow as a person. This Never Stopped Being A Thing Which Was True, and has been outright stated many times both in-comic and by the author.

Edit: also Quest Crypt Ascension is only for players with a single life remaining. And no matter what to God Tier you must die. The entire challenge of Ascending is facing your own mortality. Note how this also plays into the themes of maturation. And no matter what the Godself is the dreamself. So even if you died on your Crypt with a dreamself alive, you'd still have your realself die and Ascend as the dreamself.
    Last edited by Viempth; 01-12-2013 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viempth View Post
    So the fact that Bad Things Occasionally Occur is a valid reason to allow all of reality to die off?
    infinity-1/infinity =/= occationaly.
    It means that nothing comes out of that door at you exactly 0.00000000(infinity zeros)00000001% of the time
    And no, I'm not looking at the weird sessions to prove this, my reasoning is above.
    Yeah, no. If this did work you would be killing the potential universe in the alt timelines wherein it was created.
    No. If something is born in an alt timeline but not born in this timeline, it is not killed because it would still exist in the alt timeline and it would still have never existed in this timeline. That which never existed can't be killed.

Anyways, it cannot be done. Any piece of reality that does not contribute to the furthered continuation of said reality is doomed to failure. Not making a universe is a one-way trip to everyone dying horribly and/or being stuck in an empty session for all eternity.
    "being stuck in an empty session for all eternity"
    Doesn't sound that bad.

You cannot get the suckers because you have not been given them willingly.
    oooo, that's a tough one. How about this. The kids would only know that code because they were suddenly compelled to randomly type it in for no reason. The reason was that an exile told them to. The exile was told to do it by the author's representative in the story, who was shown to have such a console. The author was told to do that by the fans, who were also shown to have a termenal(your computer). Here is the really good part. He said it was a secret, so don't tell, but the mayor of can town passed me the code for the red one last june

problem solved.
    Also, only one sucker is to be used in a session. Trickster moding is to be avoided at all costs for inhebition and unpredicatability reasons.
    Sburb has always been about growing as an individual. This does not mean that it is not also an elaborate creation myth. Your Role is an innate part of your genetics and personality and represents what you should strive to be for maximal development and mental health ect. The two most important parts of a session have always been creating your Genesis Frog and doing your quests to grow as a person. This Never Stopped Being A Thing Which Was True, and has been outright stated many times both in-comic and by the author.
    We are trying to create a perfect session, which would mean shaving off anything deemed pointless, dangerus, and unpredictable, which making a suburb universe is. If we get a few poles going up above pretaining to what is and what is not importaint in a prefect session, that's one thing. I'm sorry, I just find it hard to include a goal I don't want, don't need, and don't care about in my checklist for something perfect. Hussy said it was important, but never why. And that is the important modivational question. Knowing your modivation is needed for efficient planning.

Edit: also Quest Crypt Ascension is only for players with a single life remaining. And no matter what to God Tier you must die. The entire challenge of Ascending is facing your own mortality. Note how this also plays into the themes of maturation. And no matter what the Godself is the dreamself. So even if you died on your Crypt with a dreamself alive, you'd still have your realself die and Ascend as the dreamself.
    Source.
    no really, if any of this is cannon, I would like to know about when that happened. Last time I checked, we didn't know a thing about crypts. And isn't jake supposed to god teir witht he rest of them in the current plan?
    Last edited by d2r123; 01-12-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Veimpth addressed most of these but there are more points.
    Right, I kind of covered a little of that.
    Ascimator is right, god tering should be part of a "Perfect" session. However, you should not lose your dreamself. So, in a perfect session, all god teiring is doen on a quest crypt. It probably has to be done to both you and your dreamself at the same exact time, otherwise you would have a destroied quest crypt and a non god teir you floating about.
    This makes no sense. Becoming a god tier, while being about accepting who you are and growing into that role, it is also about being whole, so to speak. This requires merging with your dream self. You aren't supposed to keep your dream self, you are supposed to become one with them.

When you create a universe, you create a nearly unlimited number of moments in an unlimited number of locations. The chances that something will come out of that door are infinity-1/infinity. It's just to many variables to try to stick into anything we could call perfect.
    The chances of bad things happening are nil if the game is played right. The reason the trolls had Jack Noir sprung on them is precisely because they failed to play properly and grow as people.

They would type "UroboUros" into one of their card punchers and then start gifting the resulting card back and forth. And before you ask "how do they know that code?" I covered that already. How do they know to do any of the things we think they would do in a perfect session? In any case, I've laied out the meens they could use to obtain it.
    Except even if they knew the code, the only way to obtain a juju is to have it given freely or take it from a dead person. Simply put, alchemising it wouldn't work unless someone who already had it gave it, otherwise the alchemy simply would fail.

Ok, if you are going to say that suburb isn't a game, it's about growing as a person(which it is), then creating a universe remains unnecessary. However, the portion of suburb which is measured by your personal growth cannot be "perfected" anyway unless some utterly unquestionable standard were in place. In that case, the answer is to grow to be whatever skyaia wants you to be. In that case, the perfect suburb player must be nothing more then submissive and cooperative to such a degree that they are willing to let skyaia deside what their personality is.
    It is about growing a person and accepting your role, which means creating a universe. If you fail to EVEN TRY than you fail at your role and thus the game. As for being perfectly submissive/etc, Skaia is omniscient, it creates the plays, it knows who they are, it gives them roles to fit them. Skaia does determine a player's personality, likewise it has to work with the players it has. You are who you are and Skaia knows who you are and your role and purpose has been crafted to fit who you are.

EDIT:
    We are trying to create a perfect session, which would mean shaving off anything deemed pointless, dangerus, and unpredictable, which making a suburb universe is. If we get a few poles going up above pretaining to what is and what is not importaint in a prefect session, that's one thing. I'm sorry, I just find it hard to include a goal I don't want, don't need, and don't care about in my checklist for something perfect. Hussy said it was important, but never why. And that is the important modivational question. Knowing your modivation is needed for efficient planning.
    Creating a perfect session means a perfect completion, creating a new universe is part of a perfect completion and thus part of a perfect session. And the reason it is important is obvious, because you are perpetuating reality. Are you saying you really don't see how that is important? I am afraid you really don't understand what the point of Sburb is.
    Last edited by tastySalamanders; 01-12-2013 at 09:50 AM.
    male-candy corn gay-candy corn Australian-candy corn

I have a Tumblr! Also I help run the MSPA Wiki which also has a Tumblr! Why does a Wiki need a Tumblr? Why doesn't a Wiki need a Tumblr? Also you can add me on Steam.

Gigapause: 10/25 or bust.

I present to you the perfect session:

-Establish player chain, having all discs safe until installation
    -install and enter
    -progress through gates, learning the lore of your Land, completing quests, learning of your role, alchemizing sweet loot, ect.
    -go through all the lands, alchemizing more sweet loot, dungeon delving, cooperating, ect.
    -at some point, deal with your major problem(s) and wake up
    -go through your seventh gate and meet the Denizen, then make your Choice
    -face your own mortality and go God Tier
    -feel free at any point to go help the Space player breed the Genesis Frog
    -kill the Black King and/or Queen and save Skaia
    -Vast Croak
    -you win! enter the new universe as gods and help guide the next generation of players!

note how vague it is. This is because there is no single path. Every player group and therefore every session is different.

Edit: Thanks, tastySalamanders!

Page of Blood

"being stuck in an empty session for all eternity"
    Doesn't sound that bad.
    Think again. Would you want to play a game which is already 100% completed and has nothing to do in, rather than facing a brand new fucking world?
    On the point of someone coming out of the door - yes, it is 99.9999...999% that this will happen. There is the 99.9999...999% chance that it will not happen in your timeline, though.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Reminder that while there is such a thing as free will in paradox space, it is constrained in certain ways. Time loops mean that whether a session will bear a universe or not is predetermined. The nature of null, void and dead sessions tells us this much unambiguously. If your session does not produce a universe, it is and always was destined to be, by definition, a null session. I fail to see how this is in any way 'perfect'.

Furthermore, cursing all cases where a new universe is created as a bad idea is tantamount to wishing you'd never been born. Because you're basically implying that the session that created your universe shouldn't have been allowed to succeed.

Ultimately, there isn't going to be any such thing as a perfect session. There are just ones that go relatively smoothly, and ones that don't. Perfection would require optimising pretty much an infinite range of parameters, most of which aren't even quantifiable.
    Last edited by skaiarorNetbody; 01-12-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Chronology Criminal Charles Oberonn's Avatar

What I belelive the perfect Sburb Game is:

---Then enter the medium and 2nd teir the Sprites then each player goes though the 1st gate then 2nd, 3rd, ect...
    ---each player will enter the 7th gate and face the denizen all leveled up from slying imps and so-on the denizen will try to make aseal with you, kill it before they can talk.
    ---you get a grist motherload and will eventully creat the ultimte alcemey, your universe.
    --you than go to skaia and kill the black king after black defets white causing the reckoning.
    ---you will breed a frog and inpregnate it with the ultimte alcemey(is this right?).
    ---you will then open the door to the universe you created.

This sounds awfully boring, And besides, if everyone acts perfectly and behave, you have no one to blame when the shit inevitably begins to hit the fan.

Here until the end of time Blaperile's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

I think a perfect SBURB game should go like this:

• Make sure you and your co-players are good friends with each other and that everyone has the game with them and can immediately install it.
    • Start a chain, and pass all the new things you learn on to your friends so they can learn from it too. Especially when doing the entry sequence so that they won't have any trouble.
    • Prototype something wise, nice, helpful, and not that strong that will help you in the game, but won't enhance the powers of the Royalty and the Underlings all that much.
    • Begin building the houses of your co-players. Collect enough grist for this from slaying Underlings. Go through your gates, and take your time to explore your Land and don't do anything rushed. See what the consorts have to tell you, and try helping them. Also take their offers for Fraymotifs as they will come in handy.
    • Once you're strong enough, try find the Agents and get them to your side. Jack is easy to get if you don't anger him, offer him Scotty dogs, and offer to help him take down the Black Queen. CD should be even more easy if you're just friendly to him, and he will most likely immediately follow if Jack is converted to your side. DD and HB are a different story, but if you've already spared SS and CD, you shouldn't take these two down because SS and CD might then rebel against you. Maybe you should try telling them that you don't want to hurt any innocent Dersites, you just think that the war is a bad thing for both parties involved, and that it's the fault of the Royalty. Perhaps they'll listen and will become important in helping you.
    • Have the Prospit and Derse dreamers communicate with the Prospitians and Dersites and try to get their stories on the war. Make clear you want to help them, and that the war is not a good thing because both parties would rather not fight, but that the Black King pretty much forces them to.
    • See if you can have the Kings stop fighting as well and that the war is really not needed, because both planets don't really want it. Try convincing the White King to use his own scepter to have only a couple of meteors fly towards Skaia (perhaps he could control which ones it would be, and make it that these meteors are only the Baby meteors, the Exile meteors, the Base meteors, and the Frog meteor). Assure him Skaia won't be destroyed because it isn't a full assault.
    • Have a player make the ecto-babies in the Veil before the Reckoning begins.
    • Ask the White Queen for advice during the game. She could be very helpful, and is very wise and friendly.
    • If you have managed to turn the Black King and all other Dersites over to your side, see if you can talk reason into the Black Queen (perhaps with the help of the King). The war could fully stop this way. If not, you'll have to take her down.
    • Have the Space player make the Genesis Frog, perhaps with help from the Knight.
    • Meet your Denizen and listen to his Choice. This could be very important in your quest. But try solving the curse of your land in the process, and try satisfying both the Consorts and the Denizen somehow.
    • In your journey you will most likely meet your First Guardian. Make sure he's a nice one, and if not, try somehow getting him to be on your side, or neutralize him.
    • Make a new universe and enter it with your friends, while all the game creatures can stay behind and live in harmony, while Exiles start new life on the planet you left behind.
    • THE END

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast